project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2022-07-02, 22:55   #1
Nightingale
Default [MAP] Op. Pike (4km) [*EARLY WIP*]

Name: Operation Pike (working name)
Size: 4km
Layers: STD [ IDF v. MEC ]
Game Play Type: INF + APC + TANK + TRANS HELO (no CAS!), mix of house-to-house CQB and long distance shooting

MINIMAP

DOWNTOWN CORE

NORTH CITY : RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT

NORTH CITY : INDUSTRIAL ZONE

SOUTH CITY

UNIVERSITY CAMPUS

Heavily inspired by the PR map Beirut. This is a pretty flat map, except for the University and South City areas. The city is pristine and hasn't been destroyed at all. The streets are clean. The downtown core is difficult for Armour to access, as the bridges are easily destroyed by mortar fire. There are very few beach areas for amphibious vehicles to come ashore in downtown.

The terrain will be pretty flat for 99% of the map. The only real geographical features are the University Campus and the cliffside highway near the southern mainbase. I'd say that I've placed ~75% of all the residential and office buildings on this map now. The Industrial zone is still pretty undeveloped, I plan to have a HUGE container yard there.
Last edited by Nightingale; 2022-07-02 at 23:13..
Old 2022-07-03, 14:40   #2
puffkiller

Default Re: [MAP] Op. Pike (4km) [*EARLY WIP*]

I have created a new Middle East building?I can provide it if you need it
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 20:32   #3
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkiller View Post
I have created a new Middle East building?I can provide it if you need it
I'd love to see the buildings you created. Can you post some pictures of them here?
Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-04, 07:15   #4
puffkiller

https://www.moddb.com/members/puffki...0744#mediaform
Old 2022-07-04, 07:21   #5
puffkiller

I will put the created object on the test map?I will upload it after accumulating some buildings?
Old 2022-07-04, 22:45   #6
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkiller View Post
I see. These are nice, but my map does not have any rural villages that would use this kind of building. But thanks anyways.
Old 2022-07-05, 05:10   #7
Duster-420
Banned

Looks like a good map. Are you planning on utilizing the whole map? You can add a few more villages out in the west side desert. And the ocean area on the east side could use an island chain with maybe some fishing villages or some type of military outposts. Id say about 5 or 6 islands of varying sizes with 2 or 3 flags out there.

This way you can have a 3 route AAS path west, center and east. And also a layer of the map dedicated to the new naval warfare release that is due out soon. Doing this might also inspire the devs to add island chains on the the map Sarreama as well which has two useless ocean areas.

If your adding chopper pads in bases around the flags or even the ones on top of TV stations in the city make them able to repair choppers in conjunction with the team that holds that flag area. Ive died many times because the other maps have chopper pads in flag areas but you cant use them even when your team holds that flag. Nerf them if you have to to 60% repair rate, as long as the bird lives i'm cool with it.
Duster-420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-28, 23:57   #8
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster-420 View Post
a layer of the map dedicated to the new naval warfare release that is due out soon.
wait what