project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-24, 22:56   #1
goodgameral
Default Fairness of Medic points...

the recent thread about Medic vehicles reminded me of something I've sort of had a problem with, at least in my clan that I've noticed.

The thing is, all my friends are great Medics, and, if you practice Medic more than once a game to get the badge, I've noticed that Medics get more points that people who flat-out just kill everybody. Also, I don't think it's fair sometimes when you die, and right afterwards you kill something, but don't get credit. That's happened alot.

possibly limit the number of revives possible by a medic or maybe somehow make a more realistic revival, like 2 or 3 shocks first. So that way, they can't just run around aerial whores and keep on reving them from after arty or plane strikes.

Thanks,
GamerAl
goodgameral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 23:16   #2
lonelyjew

I think medics should be limited to revives, but not for points. I can care less about points, I do like getting first place, but it's not really a big deal for me. The reason revives should be limited is to make the game more realistic. I don't like that a medic with good cover can rev a guy over and over again.
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 23:47   #3
goodgameral

lol, a medic agrees with me, who gets tons of points as I explained. XD
goodgameral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:23   #4
lonelyjew

Well, I only play medic a lot because, I'll admit, I like the ability to stop my own bleeding. It really is frustrating when you are bleeding away from any medics, or they simply ignore your constant cries for help(one time I had to chase, and then shoot a medic with my pistol before he realized I needed help). Like I said, I stopped caring about points a long time ago in BF2.

Also, I play medic a lot on the USMC because I try to avoid whoring the saw.
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 01:22   #5
Why?!

Being able to stop yourself from bleeding is something that particularly annoys me. I currently play assault because I got sick of the unfairness of being a medic. Not only do you get an enormous amount of points, but you also are practically invulnerable provided you have decent cover.

If you ever get shot you can just hide behind something and heal yourself. You also always leave a fight either dead, or fully healed for the next one, never injured. I like how FH only allowed the medics to heal other players, but not themselves. While it is not exactly realistic (I think), it gives more incentive to play another class besides the near invulnerable medic.
Why?! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:18   #6
beta

Quote:
only allowed the medics to heal other players, but not themselves
Good idea to implement ... really .. if I got shot in the arm, how the hell would I reliably patch it up by myself? With my feet? Let alone a bullet to the gut, would be a little hard to hold that bandage straight with all the INTENSE PAIN ...
beta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:37   #7
Ugly Duck

One thing that really bothers me is the fact that medics can toss this magical kits that can heal people AS they're shot.

Examples if abuse...

Throwing med pacs on the ground at your feet in a defensive position. Enemy starts shooting and his first shot or 2 may be negated beacuse this bag brings you from near death to 100% health through its presence.

Or in CQB if a medic runs out of ammo they can just whip out this bag and start hopping around healing them selves.

So I have a few ideas to prevent this magical healing mayhem.

1. Disalow medics to throw these magical bags... it's bad enough that DICE chose BAGS to heal people, ffs get creative. Make them hold it, making them a target while they're healing people and there for more likely to wait for a quiet moment to heal someone.

2. The 1.2 patch is coming out... it allows people to pick up mines and C4. If medics could throw these pacs, people could at least have to pick them up and that would at least make them stop fighting for a second. I have no idea if this is possible, just an idea that hit me while I was looking at the thread.

3. Make medic pacs explode after 10 seconds... killing everyone on the map.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 06:15   #8
dawdler

Well I still think that the medic should:

1) After a brief stay-still-pick-out-gear-take-up-shock-paddles animation THEN revive.

2) Not be able to toss medkits at all.

3) Only be able to heal others, or himself at a severe reduction of effectivness (I did the latter in EoD so it can probably be done for BF2).

4) Get only 1 point per revive.

And finally something everyone should have: A 2-3 time use of bandages that can stop bleeding but not actually heal you other than a small percentage that can ONLY be used on others (alternativly it could only be used on yourself, as there may be issues with displaying the health of others based on a weapon and not a class). That would be perfectly realistic. If I get shot in the arm, I'm should not be running around flailing my arms while screaming for a medic and shooting my pistol wildly. I hope I have squadmates (or own equipment) that stop the bleeding with whatever available.

All those things should significantly level the playing field in terms of health. The medic will still be strong, but not omnipotent.
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 08:36   #9
Maj.b00bz

Medics and health kits add to gameplay but they take away from reality. In this particular Mod they should be able to stop the bleeding only. No revives, no full healing. You get shot on the battlefield you are DONE and it's back to the rear area for you. Minor wounds can be patched up but they still hurt. The damage does not just dissappear, it's just controlled.
Maj.b00bz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:25   #10
Tzefanya

Quote:
3. Make medic pacs explode after 10 seconds... killing everyone on the map.
Great, coffee nearly came out my nose...
Tzefanya is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fairness, medic, points