project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-07-23, 14:33   #1
Vittorio_LeFure

Default Project Reality joystick

I have saitek x52 joystick and I am wondering how can I connect it to the game so I can fly with it. I was trying for few hours now and I couldn t make it work so I am asking for help. Thanks ahead.
Vittorio_LeFure is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 18:49   #2
Wing Walker
Default Re: Project Reality joystick

Sometimes I get a wild hair of boredom and try the same thing.

You can customize the key commands under controls as long as the X52 is installed on your computer. Buuuut, the controls were a little erratic with a flight stick and throttle, especially with the helo, BF2 wasn't really designed as a flight sim.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 04:58   #3
Portable.Cougar
Default Project Reality joystick

Also works very well when you bind the throttle of a ground vehicle to the joystick.

You can creep nice and slow allowing your gunner to shoot on the move and inf to keep up for cover.
Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 09:44   #4
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
Also works very well when you bind the throttle of a ground vehicle to the joystick.

You can creep nice and slow allowing your gunner to shoot on the move and inf to keep up for cover.
^ This.

I used to use a joystick when driving armours and it's really nice, to be able to keep a constant speed, especially on vehicles like the Warrior that take ages to move from complete stop, with a thruttle you don't have to stop completely most of the time.
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 17:09   #5
Wing Walker

Actually,
I did use it once for INF use.

I wanted to use an actual trigger, and I had the throttle of the X52 set to be my forward and back movement. It was cool to have the slow slide while still shooting. The slight movement was enough to throw off other peoples shots.

But it was a bit much so I went back to normal.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
joystick, project, reality