project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2023-01-14, 17:08   #1
dcm
Default Bleed Effect is Impairing and Detrimental to gameplay

By having the whole screen flash grey; that makes it impossible to fight back in a tense situation. The filter/effect covers up the corners of the screen, making it impossible to scroll wheel select the bandage(some of us have our number keys rebound for other purposes). I'd much prefer the older less intrusive bleed effect, because then you could at least manage it better.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-14, 21:41   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Bleed Effect is Impairing and Detrimental to gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
By having the whole screen flash grey; that makes it harder to fight back in a tense situation.
fixed it for you. it's by design

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 00:19   #3
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
fixed it for you. it's by design
That's some stupid ass design. It's an impediment. An obstruction. You are only making your game worse. Whatever you are trying to achieve with this current bleed effect is accomplishing nothing but frustration. The old effect was much better, less intrusive and still allowed a chance to retain your bearings.
Old 2023-01-15, 01:44   #4
Coalz101

Quote:
That's some stupid ass design. It's an impediment. An obstruction. You are only making your game worse. Whatever you are trying to achieve with this current bleed effect is accomplishing nothing but frustration. .
I think that was the point to make you pissed because you can't see because you're dying.

AKA:
Encourage wounded players to seek medical attention rather than going in guns blazing with less than half of their health left.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 10:49   #5
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

A duplicated thread
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=151846

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 18:38   #6
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
I think that was the point to make you pissed because you can't see because you're dying.

AKA:
Encourage wounded players to seek medical attention rather than going in guns blazing with less than half of their health left.
The gray screen bleed effect is too debilitating. It's not just that you cant see. It's that you cant do anything to mitigate the bleed effect in a timely and efficient manner, even when out of a dangerous situation. Half the time I dont know if I have a bandage, a watercan IED or a grenade in my hand.
Old 2023-01-15, 18:48   #7
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Half the time I dont know if I have a bandage, a watercan IED or a grenade in my hand.
I think the million dollar question that everyone here is asking: do you know where your Squad's medic is? Do they know where you are?

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 18:52   #8
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
I think the million dollar question that everyone here is asking: do you know where your Squad's medic is? Do they know where you are?
If I'm bleeding out and the medic is either preoccupied with my squad mates or on his way to me. The last thing I wanna do is accidentally pull a grenade or shoot a friendly when trying to stem the bleed.
Old 2023-01-16, 16:22   #9
Brotherscompany

Its not that bad although the wheel stuff is a super valid point
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-30, 17:41   #10
labonte95
Supporting Member

If you don't have your patch on a key-bind that is easily accessible in a tense situation, that's on you. Don't use the scroll wheel to select equipment unless you want to be slow.

Quote:
The old effect was much better, less intrusive and still allowed a chance to retain your bearings.
I'm not sure if you've ever watched real combat footage, but when people are getting shot/shot at, have explosions going off rattling them, there's no way in hell they are gonna "retain their bearings." I understand PR is a video game, but its a video game designed around realism and teamwork. When people get shot at, they don't return perfectly accurate fire. They run or hide, then get a hold on their bearings, and then return fire.

All of that being said, you haven't really given a good solution to your issue other than reverting it back. Which lets be honest, it was way too easy to shoot thru suppression and bleeding effects before.

The dev's should just bring back the old black and white effect when you are 25% or below like the old days.

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote