project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2013-01-13, 12:26   #1
LuchoLavalle
Default Argentinian Voices For Falkland Mod (What do you think?)

Hey guys, I just wanted to know everybody's opinion on this one.
What do you think about the Argentinian voices? It has been a long and tiring work for us to record them so it will be appreciated if you give us your opinion about it.
Leave your thoughts!

Here is a vid with some samples:

Project Reality:Falkland Mod - Argentinian Voices - YouTube

Last edited by LuchoLavalle; 2013-04-18 at 03:44..
Old 2013-01-13, 12:29   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Argentinian Voices For Falkland Mod (What do you think?)

I love them. Obviously I cannot judge if they are correctly translated but the quality of them is up to standard with the other PR voices.

Amazing job!

Old 2013-01-13, 13:10   #3
Kaland

The quality of them are great, but not sure if it's only me, but i think they ingame sound like they have a lower volume compared to the other voices in the game. Might ofc only be me though.
Old 2013-01-13, 13:11   #4
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

They are very good, although you didn't made female one, so sometimes you hear English voices.

Old 2013-01-13, 15:52   #5
Kevokpo

First of all thank you lucho for making the voices and all the others that helped on making this little project of the voices.
I am not really convinced with the voices, I dont know how to express this in english (over-acted maybe :P) but it feels like if they were the voices of an action movie (schwarzenegger's ones ). It feels like you only translated english voices to spanish (argentinian spanish). Personally I don't like the voices but I don't have any problem with it (not "really" necesary for gameplay). When you issue an order to attack it tells you to move to that location, not to attack it (it is random). What I like most is when you call medic. It is just my opinion of what I feel with these voices. It doesn't feel normal to me, I know that this was about 30 years ago and I don't know how did they talk back then (I think it would not be so different).
I think it may be better if you make some of the voices again it really feels like it was just english voices translated to spanish.

Like I said before it is just me, thank you for the effort of making these voices and keep up the good work!
Last edited by Kevokpo; 2013-01-13 at 19:16..
Old 2013-01-13, 16:11   #6
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

The voices are fine and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. You did well guys, definitely one of my fav voices in PR.
Old 2013-01-13, 17:30   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The commander sounds badass :P

Old 2013-01-13, 18:23   #8
torenico

Yeah! excellent voices

I do like hearing them at the distance, they sound pretty realistic !

Excellent laburo
Old 2013-01-13, 20:39   #9
LuchoLavalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
First of all thank you lucho for making the voices and all the others that helped on making this little project of the voices.
I am not really convinced with the voices, I dont know how to express this in english (over-acted maybe :P) but it feels like if they were the voices of an action movie (schwarzenegger's ones ). It feels like you only translated english voices to spanish (argentinian spanish). Personally I don't like the voices but I don't have any problem with it (not "really" necesary for gameplay). When you issue an order to attack it tells you to move to that location, not to attack it (it is random). What I like most is when you call medic. It is just my opinion of what I feel with these voices. It doesn't feel normal to me, I know that this was about 30 years ago and I don't know how did they talk back then (I think it would not be so different).
I think it may be better if you make some of the voices again it really feels like it was just english voices translated to spanish.

Like I said before it is just me, thank you for the effort of making these voices and keep up the good work!
Well, the thing about making this voices is that i had to basically translate english commands to spanish and i did not have too much room to say wathever i wanted to say, but i tried to say some classic things they say in the Argentinian Army like "Marche soldado!" etc.
And the thing about some commands sounding a little weird (not the exact order you are saying) it is because in english you can say that and by making a literal translation it will sound kind of weird in spanish. If they wanted to make it 100% functional they would have to add some commands to the menu, that is the problem about it :/

I hope i cleared something with that
Old 2013-01-14, 13:23   #10
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I love them, they really add to the immersion. Thanks for your hard work!

Tags
argentinian, falkland, mod, voices