project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-06-24, 19:57   #1
Scandicci
Supporting Member

Thumbs up Feedback V 0.86 tweeked Medic Revive Rules

I really like the medic kit being a limited kit available on the kit/spawn menu. The same goes for the other limited kits appearing there.

I really like the added level of fatality or finality in having people being dead/unrevivable after having been revived once by the medic and not to full health. That is the proper step to counteract the fact that a headshot is no longer fatal. If a squad, individual, sniper, DM, or whatever has a superior position he/they have a clear advantage now. In .085 it was possible to resort to the classic vanilla tactic of outloading a squad a little heavy on the medic side to just revive your way through a firefight. Now, if the other side has a superior position then they have a better chance of taking advantage of it.

Two thumbs up.

Scandicci

__________________________________________________ _________________

If it's worth shooting once, shoot it again.
Old 2009-06-25, 05:10   #2
flickflackingfligger
Thumbs up Re: Feedback V 0.86 tweeked Medic Revive Rules

used to be very annoying shooting the same ppl all the time that were getting ressurected by 2 medics
Old 2009-06-25, 05:21   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Feedback V 0.86 tweeked Medic Revive Rules

agreed

The medic system changes are spot on.

Old 2009-06-25, 08:22   #4
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

this will make being a sniper alot more fun i imagine. before .85 a headshot would kill, but then it stopped. what happened was if you sniped someone they just got rezed over and over. Now, they can be rezed once and then if they are smart they fall back, if they are stupid, they stay and get shot again.
Old 2009-06-25, 08:26   #5
Naruto-kun

Creds to the DEV's for this, you actually wanna make people keep their heads down with the new medic system.

Also a little thanks, for the Iron sight M4 to the US Army
Old 2009-06-25, 14:24   #6
Ca6e

This new medic rule is awsome, couse it points out the team play like in real. If is man is down the primary objective change to secondary and primary become taking care of your mate while others in squad secure the position. After injured man was extracted(in real life) only than they decided if they could continue or they fall back to sefer position.
Old 2009-06-25, 14:29   #7
hiberNative

i love the new changes, too. there is an annoying bug, though:

you have a medic in the squad, the medic leaves, but still counts as being in the squad. none of the squad member can request a new medic kit after that ;\
Old 2009-06-25, 14:38   #8
Vege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandicci View Post
I really like the medic kit being a limited kit available on the kit/spawn menu. The same goes for the other limited kits appearing there.

I really like the added level of fatality or finality in having people being dead/unrevivable after having been revived once by the medic and not to full health.
Just to clarify. There is a one minute timer after beeing revived when killed you will be dead. How healthy you are at that moment has nothing to do with fatality.
Old 2009-06-25, 15:11   #9
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
i love the new changes, too. there is an annoying bug, though:

you have a medic in the squad, the medic leaves, but still counts as being in the squad. none of the squad member can request a new medic kit after that ;\
I've noticed this as well.

IN ADDITION, I was part of a squad, and we couldn't get it (or any other limited kits) from the beginning VIA SPAWN OR REQUEST.

M.
Old 2009-06-25, 15:12   #10
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
agreed

The medic system changes are spot on.
Agreed agreed! I love 'm. Frustrating sometimes when you want to get a person up and you think its safe and bam! He gets sniped :P

Hard part is, to actually get people to hold there give up option until your down. I still revive people in the fight because they simply wont wait. I talk to my casualtys a lot, say they need to hold on, tell 'm im healing someone else and they are next in line, but many times I still come to a non revivable corps and see the casualty walking next to me as a respawnee

But firefights and clearing positions can be over faster because of this rule!

Tags
086, feedback, medic, revive, rules, tweeked