project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2013-11-17, 23:19   #1
obpmgmua
Default So when will Falklands return?

1.0, 1.1, 1.X?
Old 2013-11-17, 23:33   #2
SShadowFox
Default Re: So when will Falklands return?

When it's done.

And before you say that it was done back on 0.98, remember that Falklands and Normandy, have been removed in order to be fully re-worked in order to match 1.0 standards.

Also remember the Falklands doesn't have a proper team working on it, it's being made mostly by the community.

I wouldn't say that it would come on something such as 1.1, Falklands will be available on the updater as soon as it's done, I think.
Last edited by SShadowFox; 2013-11-17 at 23:38..
Old 2013-11-18, 00:12   #3
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hard to say excatly when Falklands will be back in PR.

The problem is I'm really busy with other PR stuff and don't have any time to work on it myself and its the same story for all the other devs too.

Main thing holding it back from being re-integrated is just bringing up the code to v1.0's standard, like new deviation of the weapons (pretty simple tweak tbh), new vehicle code like giving the light supply crates to the correct choppers etc, making the new kits like the Machine Gunner and Spotter kits, and other simple stuff like that but stuff I can't afford to do myself right now.

On top of that I'm also slightly waiting out on a few bits of new content that I would like to have in the next release although none of it is critical, and most of it isn't far off from being done either, and most of this stuff is being developed by community members.

I'm also hoping at doing a few tweaks to the map which only really I can do and that will take about a weeks work to do, possibly a bit more but not critical, would just significantly improve the Vehicle Warfare mode which went down surprisingly well last time other than when 64 players where on the map, let alone 100, but again nothing that is super critical to the next release either.

Really what I need is someone from the community willing to bring the code to v1.0's code standards so its ready to be integrated into the mod. Once that's done then reintegrating it back into PR is relativity easy, but still something I and a couple of other devs would need to set aside some time for, to get it fully out the door which I can't do right now. So if anyone is willing to do the coding work for this give me a shout and we will go from there

But when PR:F is re-integrated into the mod, we will most likley release it though the PR Updater.

Cheers!

Old 2013-11-24, 02:23   #4
Dosedmonkey

I am also looking forward to this. I know its been welcomed quite happily by some of the younger Falkland islanders I know. Even if there internet speeds are terrible there!
Old 2013-12-03, 14:06   #5
moj

Just out of interest, what language will be used for the Argentine voices? I can't think of anywhere in BF2 (Vanilla, SF or mods) where we've had any Spanish.

I suppose French is the closest thing we have in PR.
Old 2013-12-03, 14:33   #6
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Falklands already had Argentinian voices in 0.98

Old 2013-12-03, 15:24   #7
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Indeed
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...-released.html

Old 2013-12-04, 09:55   #8
moj

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that; great work guys!
Old 2014-01-16, 01:28   #9
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Hey Rhino, do you happen to have an updated spreadsheet on how far along the Falklands minimod is? This is the only one I could find.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...-outdated.html
Old 2014-01-16, 03:02   #10
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We moved over from a google docs design plan some time ago to Redmine so can't give you a link to it directly since you need to be a team member but here is a quick screenshot of the current " open issues" for PR:F:

You can also find out more about many of the open tasks here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ity-tasks.html

And many others that are in progress by community members you can also find topics in community modding for

Please also note that the above issues dose NOT represent what needs to be done before the next release. PR:F already has place holders for pretty much all these missing items and these are things we would like to have done, but are not a necessity

Also if your interested here is all the closed issues: http://i.imgur.com/Hb6E7bI.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2014-01-16 at 03:08..

Tags
falklands, return