project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2014-03-06, 23:01   #1
Roque_THE_GAMER

Post Mi-24v Hind-E Full feed back

Hi guys, first of all this is not a suggestion or a repeated topic like Hind and Huey . This is a Feedback about the Mi-24 and some possible bugs.

First of all is the Speed:

The hind can reach a maximum speed of 335km/h and Mi-8 can reach 250km/h the cobra can go 273.59 km/h (170 miles). So hind is faster than the Cobra. In-game the hind is slow and its movements are slow too. But it seems ok since its height is 8,500 and the cobra is 2,630 kg

Check this test videos I've done in another topic

The second part is about its weapons:

In-game we have the Mi-24 Hind-E variants and does not follow the reality. It has no zoom for the gunner.

weapons

in game 12.7mm four-barrel Yak-B its load 750 rounds in real life can carry 1,470 and of course lack of zoom source: Mi-24 HIND (MIL) but i could find noting about zoom in the internet.

in game
S8 rockets loaded 64 rounds, status are wrong the S-8( B-8V20 right name) have 80-mm and can be loaded 20 each pod total 40 rockets and also its seems weak that cobra 70mm rocket in real life Mi-24 loads 57-mm S-5 rocket pods its should be the right name and the hind-E can load 2 pod of S-5 32 each pod total 64 and 2 pods of S-8 each 20 total 40, so hind can load 104 rockets i suggest to put a ammo selection for pilot the S-5 same status now and S-8 more damage also there is a fire delay when you click to fire about 1.5 seconds

in game (model) but not working
30-mm Twin Barrel Cannon, GSh-30K its is in the model but not working, in real life the Mi-24v Hind-E not have that cannon because hes had a Yak-B maybe a model mistake?

AT-6C/ SPIRAL ATGMs. loaded 4, 2 per pod this cold make a big difference if that works but why is not? maybe model mistake?

Quote:
note the 3M11 Falanga is wrong, is maybe more AT-6C

Quote:
note this image, the S-5 have wrong amount of rocked holes.

Also for balance purpose(if that's could be some reasons why there is not some of equipment here) make a Version of Mi-24v Hind-E whit 64 S-5 pods and 40 S-8( B-8V20 ) pods instead AT-6C/ SPIRAL ATGM for maps like Saaremaa and give a AT-6C/ SPIRAL ATGMs and S-8 to hind in maps like Pavlovsk Bay were Americans rolls the air assets.

third hes armor:

In real life the hind can easy resist .50 shoots and some 30mm shells but in game he take damage like the blackhawk and get destroyed quite easy, is arma 3 hes resist pretty well and need 350 shoots to take him down.

soucer:Mil Mi-24 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and takistan mod in Arma 3

this part is to suggestions:

what about Hind-E version whit twin barrel 23-mm turret gun? this should put him in par of Cobra also cold use more of the Hind-F he is in the game but there is no map for hin, he is really powerful and have some of the problems from hind-E.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hind armas.jpg (173.3 KB, 489 views)
Last edited by Roque_THE_GAMER; 2014-03-07 at 20:15.. Reason: a lot of misspellings
Old 2014-03-07, 11:41   #2
Kerryburgerking
Default Re: Mi-24v Hind-E Full feed back

Therre is a hind model which utilize the 30 mm cannons and ATGMs. It's on Silent Eagle ALT
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 04:43   #3
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryburgerking View Post
Therre is a hind model which utilize the 30 mm cannons and ATGMs. It's on Silent Eagle ALT
i never see a sever ruining Silent Eagle ALT have some dev seen that topic? any possibility of change?
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:27   #4
Careless

The resistance of .50 cal bullets surprises me :O
Careless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 16:20   #5
Tennessee88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
The resistance of .50 cal bullets surprises me :O
Forget .50 cal, we were on test airfield the other night and I hit a hind square on with an AP shell from the challenger in the bombing area. Not only did it not go down, it continued its attack on my tank. Took a second shell to finally take it down.
Tennessee88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 19:44   #6
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee88 View Post
Forget .50 cal, we were on test airfield the other night and I hit a hind square on with an AP shell from the challenger in the bombing area. Not only did it not go down, it continued its attack on my tank. Took a second shell to finally take it down.
maybe is a glitch or lag i will try to make a video about that to
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 21:15   #7
Brooklyn-Tech

5:35

hind is faster than apache IRL.

In PR, not even close...
Brooklyn-Tech is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 21:25   #8
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Is anyone up for redoing the movement physics? Our 'air developers' are all quite busy.
PM me if you got something, help is always welcome.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 21:35   #9
velocity

I was going to reply to this thread when it first came up; but then I got lazy and went and did something else.

Quote:
30-mm Twin Barrel Cannon, GSh-30K its is in the model but not working, in real life the Mi-24v Hind-E not have that cannon because hes had a Yak-B maybe a model mistake?

AT-6C/ SPIRAL ATGMs. loaded 4, 2 per pod this cold make a big difference if that works but why is not? maybe model mistake?
So the model inaccuracies are due to (and if I remember correctly) the fact that the model was donated to Project Reality devs. As a result they couldn't remove things from the model such as the 30mm cannons but they could add the 12.7mm turret. The 30mm are simply disabled through coding.

Same story with the ATGMs.

Quote:
third hes armor:

In real life the hind can easy resist .50 shoots and some 30mm shells but in game he take damage like the blackhawk and get destroyed quite easy, is arma 3 hes resist pretty well and need 350 shoots to take him down.
The key thing to remember here is that ARMA 3 is a military simulation, built on a game engine that is far more capable than the refractor 2 engine used by battlefield 2. Armour, penetration and ballistics are very primitive in PR as a result.

Should also note, shot placement is quite important in taking down choppers in ARMA 3, only takes 10 - 20 .50cal round in ARMA 3 to ruin a hinds day but that is a different subject.

As for anything else, you will need to see if someone more informed than myself responds.
velocity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 23:01   #10
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
I was going to reply to this thread when it first came up; but then I got lazy and went and did something else.

So the model inaccuracies are due to (and if I remember correctly) the fact that the model was donated to Project Reality devs. As a result they couldn't remove things from the model such as the 30mm cannons but they could add the 12.7mm turret. The 30mm are simply disabled through coding.

Same story with the ATGMs.

The key thing to remember here is that ARMA 3 is a military simulation, built on a game engine that is far more capable than the refractor 2 engine used by battlefield 2. Armour, penetration and ballistics are very primitive in PR as a result.

Should also note, shot placement is quite important in taking down choppers in ARMA 3, only takes 10 - 20 .50cal round in ARMA 3 to ruin a hinds day but that is a different subject.

As for anything else, you will need to see if someone more informed than myself responds.
why most of his weapons are disabled, have wrong amount of ammo or wrong names and settings(the lack of S5, S8 named wrong, and AT-6.)? balance purpose? i see no reason why MI-24 have no zoom and the AT-6 not working, im not a modeler(maybe one day who knows ) but why not remove those 4 ATGMs at the side(close at the cargo door) and put another pod maybe some true S8 more powerful and a S5 weaker and give some ammo selection? and why about put some apc or tank armor with less HP on hin to resist more a .50 shoots an give a low hp and some weak spots like the engine to he takes more damage?

sorry if i rush to much the tings I'm not complaining or require things if you get me wrong.
Last edited by Roque_THE_GAMER; 2014-03-13 at 23:02.. Reason: AT-6 not AT-8

Tags
back, feed, full, hind, hinde, mi24, mi24v