project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-02-14, 17:06   #1
M_Striker

Default M-16 Accuracy

I don't know if this is a question of accuracy or deviation, but I'm sure it's accuracy, because I stand up and aim at a guy 50 meters away, wait a few seconds perfectly still, take a shot, and the bullet flies over his head. again - miss, again - miss, again - miss. What's going on here? Is it impossible to shoot someone 50 meters away while standing up? It's very random, and it seems that you can only shoot people when you are prone. I know I'm not the only one and it's not because I might have crappy aim, I think there's something wrong with the accuracy or was it made this way?

I've hit a tin can 50 meters a way, dead on with an M16 while standing up in RL. It's not that hard.

EDIT: I only notice this with the M-16 btw.
Old 2009-02-14, 17:13   #2
00SoldierofFortune00
Default Re: M-16 Accuracy

I agree. The M16 is one of the easiest weapons to fire IRL, but it is garbage ingame compared to every other weapon. The weapon also has a problem of not registering. No joke, I have seen guys shot 3-4 times from mediun to long range and not go down, even in the head. At least make it a little more accurate than the G3, so when someone does get a headshot and it doesn't register, the next shot will take them down instead of the 3 or 4th etc.
Old 2009-02-14, 17:18   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I find supprssive fire etc with the M16 much easier, but actually hitting stuff is harder. I'm not sure if that is due to some subconscious conception that the m16 is western and should therefore be superior or somthing.

Old 2009-02-14, 17:26   #4
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

I find the M16 in-game the 2nd most accurate weapon in-game after L85 with it's lazor full auto.

Honestly how effective is it actually in CQC and how practical is the burst mode in reality? I see M4s and M16s winning man on man fights against G3s and QBZs in-game a lot due burst shooting out 3 bullets for the price of 1 and having less recoil than full auto.

Old 2009-02-14, 17:33   #5
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Deviation code comparison between the G3A3 and the M16A4/M4. Both optic and ironsight variants use the same deviation code so the only difference is the visual target resolution.

M16A4

Quote:
rem ---BeginComp:SoldierDeviationComp ---
rem 556 Optical Sight Standard Accuracy Assault Rifle
ObjectTemplate.createComponent SoldierDeviationComp
ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDev .333
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 1.4 .7 .023
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setTurnDev 2 .15 .15 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 1 1 .02
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 5 5 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModLie 0.9
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModZoom .3
rem ---EndComp ---
G3A3

Quote:
rem ---BeginComp:SoldierDeviationComp ---
rem Long Barrel 762 Optical Sight Standard Accuracy Assault Rifle
ObjectTemplate.createComponent SoldierDeviationComp
ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDev .333
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 1.4 .7 .023
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setTurnDev 2 .15 .15 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 1 1 .02
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 5 5 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModLie 0.9
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModZoom .3
rem ---EndComp ---
As you can see, there is no difference in accuracy (nor with the L85A2, QBZ95, AK74 series etcetc).

The primary differences between the G3A3 and the M16A4/M4 are,

1. G3A3 fires 7.62x51mm and hence, does more damage.
2. G3A3 has 2.7x times the recoil of an M16A4/M4.
3. G3A3 has 20 rounds per mag as opposed to 30 in the M16A4/M4.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2009-02-14, 19:52   #6
Conman51

hmm strange..i agree with striker..i cant seem to hit stuff with this rifle...no problem with other ones...but ill believe the chart
Old 2009-02-14, 20:04   #7
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

its because All of the US guns iron sights Have Very Poor Field Of View the ring at the buck of the rifle should not be there irl your eye is to close to it to block your eyes field of view.

the Mini auto rifleman has such a small view of view I lose my target at 80 meters in it that small ring should be closer to the eye.

I beg of you please give the US the vbf2 SAW back.

The scope is very poor its way to big it should be 65% smaller then it is in-game the smaller the better at long range and that's why the g3a3 will win at long range every time.

Please fix the iron sights view and make the scope red " ^ " smaller thank you.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 2009-02-14, 21:03   #8
hiberNative

i hit stuff like a mofo all the time. it's like i can wait and know when i'll hit. so satisfying. sounds like op and first response are still playing .8
then again, i'm using hitfixer 2.0

the m14 is however still ruined. haven't played much with the other dmrs.
Old 2009-02-14, 21:39   #9
M_Striker

Well, I can hit anything too with the M16... from prone. But I am addressing the fact of shooting while standing. You can't hit anything.
Old 2009-02-14, 21:47   #10
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Striker View Post
Well, I can hit anything too with the M16... from prone. But I am addressing the fact of shooting while standing. You can't hit anything.
just with that rifle though..i can on others..but the chart showed taht the deviation is the same...so it must be something else

Tags
accuracy, m16