project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-02-09, 17:24   #1
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default Aircraft training, which map.

On which maps are jets avaiable right at round start ? I assume quinling is one. Are there other maps ?
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 17:29   #2
Sniperdog
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Aircraft training, which map.

Quinling is the only one at the moment unless you make a custom map and put it in your levels folder or join a co-op that has been running for a while.

Will Stahl aka "Merlin" in the Squad community
Sniperdog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 17:35   #3
Feriluce

And thats why having training back is probably a good idea :/
Feriluce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:00   #4
space
Banned

I'm working on an aircraft training map, featuring all aircraft types and instant re-spawns. I'm working on it now, and I'm hoping I'll be able to release it in the next few days. We may run it on a passworded server, but if not it will still be possible to train with friends via hamachi.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:16   #5
Cassius
Supporting Member

Can you download the training maps of 0.87 and put them in the local folder or something like that ? Would you have Kashan training 64 that way ?
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:21   #6
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

Single player is much better than a training server imo. The aircraft spawn very often. maybe not instanly, but fast enough to get alot of flight time in. Plus you get actual targets and bot-jets to fight. I'd recommend Kashan. you get a fighter and a bomber, large map layout etc...
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:22   #7
Elektro

fail ! There are no jets on qinling from start any more xD xD!
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:29   #8
rushn
Supporting Member

ohh noes

well i think having them respawn later prevented newbies from running and taking the jets
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:35   #9
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5782 View Post
Single player is much better than a training server imo. The aircraft spawn very often. maybe not instanly, but fast enough to get alot of flight time in. Plus you get actual targets and bot-jets to fight. I'd recommend Kashan. you get a fighter and a bomber, large map layout etc...

Afaik all the aircraft in PR Co-op mode and Single player handle differently to standard PR to allow the bots to fly them. Co-op mode is great for infantry, and probably vehicle training, but it is not suitable for flight training. Single player made does not change the asset and player spawn times or asset quantities and types, so again its not really suitable for training.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:37   #10
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by space View Post
Afaik all the aircraft in PR Co-op mode and Single player handle differently to standard PR to allow the bots to fly them. Co-op mode is great for infantry, and probably vehicle training, but it is not suitable for flight training. Single player made does not change the asset and player spawn times or asset quantities and types, so again its not really suitable for training.
I can tell you from experience that if you fly the american jets on kashan it is exactly as if you were flying on a deployment server... Dont fly the MEC ones as they are made for Bots as space says...
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, map, training