project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-09-04, 10:48   #1
lmisbah1234
Default full hd monitor not playing videos in full hd heeelp

hi everyone hope you are all good, i have just got my full hd monitor for my pc and finally my gaming build is complete or i thought, well when i play games with my new monitor they are soooo crisp and sharp and sooo nice i mean i can play grid for example at 1080 and nooo probs no blurs etc but whenever i try and watch a movie on the net wether it be youtube or to watch a full hd trailer i get a issue, when i full screen the videos it actually isnt that great the quality looks really bad no where next to even hd ready level let alone full hd, any help? do i need to update any codecs etc? what could be the problem?

the current resolution of desktop etc is 1920x1080
remember games run fine and look sutnning in full hd only prob is videos any help guys?

monitor is 22" 1080p full hd viewsonic VX2260WM

ive read somewhere that fddshow or something needs to be changed? but i aint got a clue what that even means
lmisbah1234 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 11:23   #2
[NSW]Hugh

Default Re: full hd monitor not playing videos in full hd heeelp

Eh. If you're viewing in HD on YouTube it's still losing some video quality, it just looks better then it normally does. If you've downloaded a video or whatever, you probably didn't get a HD version.
[NSW]Hugh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 12:58   #3
VoXiNaTiOn

A full HD (1080p) movie will be well over 2GB, you have most likely got a 720p version of the video which has to be up-scaled to match your monitors resolution.
VoXiNaTiOn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 13:39   #4
Robbi
Supporting Member

Full HD movie is probabaly around the 6-8gb mark to be honest Vox, Youtube HD is not full HD [1080p] just a higher res

Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 13:52   #5
Taliban-IED
Banned

Yeah, youtube will make it crappy xD
Taliban-IED is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
full, heeelp, monitor, playing, videos