project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Faction Archives Community factions that have been archived.

Old 2013-02-09, 17:08   #1
Decafeiner
Default Belgian Forces?

I wish I'd be able to do it myself, but I never approached the whole lot of modelisation on computers......

As one of the few Belgian players on this game, I'd be very happy if someone had time to make a Belgian faction for Project Reality....

Of course, I'd also be doing myself if I could, but I lack of Experience in this domain.... May be some of you have some tutorial I could use to get started?
Old 2013-02-09, 18:53   #2
zombie-yellow
Default Re: Belgian Forces?

There are some very well made tutorials to learn everything about 3D modelling and making whatever you want in PR

Go here : Modding Tutorials - Project Reality Forums

Et, si tu veux apprendre la programmation, modding etc... va ici ! : Apprenez ? programmer en Python

Tu trouveras tout ce que tu voudras sur le site du zero !
Old 2013-02-09, 20:12   #3
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

I think it would be more wise spending your time on community factions, the syrian community project or one of the minimods (Falklands, Normandy). Unless you gather a team with a fair experience, it'll be extremely hard to make this happen. Not to mention that PR has too many Blufor factions already.

If you would like to experience team environment let me know. I can easily guide you to a place in the syrian community project or something to do for Project Normandy.
Old 2013-02-09, 21:37   #4
rodrigoma

Cof , Cof, ....
As everyone should try to help apart from asking just to get their own fantasy nation into the mod or not even that. ;/

On the topic:
If you have the dedication and can organize and lead the team for it, why not?
Go for it start learning if you have some time, and just get people together for the same goal.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:40   #5
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Fantasy is to assume that organizing a team for this purpose is easy. As DEVs pointed out before in similar threads, it would be more useful to contribute on already existing projects.

If he has the right acquaintances, sure, he can go for it and will commend him for such - although through personal experience I find such manpower hard to find. But if that was the case he wouldn't be starting a thread here.

Don't forget he typed this: "of course, I'd also be doing myself if I could". This is why I am giving him the option to gain experience in the modding world before attempting an adventure of this sort.
Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2013-02-09 at 23:11..
Old 2013-02-10, 00:12   #6
Microwaife

Imo, we should finish what has been started and not start something which probably wont ever be finished.

My advice: if you want to help then help the other community factions and then you can try to make the belgian forces and you can get new members from the other commfacs which got finished.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:52   #7
reptilianhuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwaife View Post
Imo, we should finish what has been started and not start something which probably wont ever be finished.

My advice: if you want to help then help the other community factions and then you can try to make the belgian forces and you can get new members from the other commfacs which got finished.
Yes and not only that but you will also have more experience from working on those factions. Personally, I would love to see some more OpFor factions like Iran (Not MEC), North Korea, ARF, WBC, etc. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend getting work done on the Current factions or as they have mentioned, mini-mods. That Syrian faction people are talking about is on hold until 1.0 though. Best of luck.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:42   #8
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decafeiner View Post
I wish I'd be able to do it myself, but I never approached the whole lot of modelisation on computers......

As one of the few Belgian players on this game, I'd be very happy if someone had time to make a Belgian faction for Project Reality....

Of course, I'd also be doing myself if I could, but I lack of Experience in this domain.... May be some of you have some tutorial I could use to get started?
Would love to see this happen, but I don't think there's enough of us to make this work

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 2013-02-10, 22:11   #9
Decafeiner

Oh hai there Dune ^^ Nice to meet another Belgian!

Thanks yellow for the tutorials, I'll be checking those out this week when I have free time, many thanks for that bro.

For the others, I'll first see if I can something started... About getting a team ready to work on that, I'm in an informatic High-school, and I have everything I need to make a team about creating a new faction, it's just not my personnal domain and I think it'd also be nice for a final project for some of my friends that will begin their last year in a few months

If I don't find anything I can do myself/volunteers, I'll see around the ongoing community factions and try to give a hand there. I'd really like to know how all this is done and participate myself, but as I've always been told, I'll be going for my own "fantasy", or whatever you want to call it, and follow my own projects first.

to make it shorter, thanks all for your tips and time, I'll work it out.
Old 2013-02-10, 22:28   #10
zombie-yellow

I hope you'll find a motivated team

Bonne chance !

Edit: I really like your profile picture

Tags
belgian, forces