project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
01 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2009-11-10, 23:37   #1
stealth420
Default How do you set more bots PR SP

Anyone know the command or how to set more bots.

Right now the only way i know is to use the options when your setting up the server/game. I can only set 32 from there, Does anyone know how to set more bots in game ?????
Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 2009-11-10 at 23:40.. Reason: Moved to "PRSP General Discussion"
Old 2009-11-10, 23:42   #2
stealth420
Default Re: How do you set more bots PR SP

anyone know?????????????
stealth420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 23:48   #3
Kenny

It's probly around somewhere but Ill reupload it for you
Download BF2 SP Bot Change v2.1.exe
I haven't used it in a while but it should still work.
Kenny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 23:50   #4
stealth420

I dont have my flash drive on me right now to download it becuase im at work, is there any other way to change the bot limit ?
stealth420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:01   #5
Kenny

I think you can do it manually
From TweakGuides.com - Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide

"Increasing Singleplayer Bots

To increase the number of bots used in singleplayer mode, go to your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI directory and open the file aidefault.ai with Notepad or Wordpad (make sure to create a backup copy of it first). Read the instructions in the file which basically involves placing the word REM in front of each of the first 5 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set', then removing the REM's in front of the next 4 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set'. Change the number at the end of the aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32 line to determine the number of bots to use (e.g. aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64 for 64 bots). Note that more bots can really stress your system and hence destabilize it, causing a crash back to desktop - particularly for those with older CPUs. For example, 64 bots on most older systems will cause a crash."
Hope that helps
Kenny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:03   #6
Ghost00000000000001

I was looking for this , wondering if this works coop (lan) with others if they have exactly the same changes made?
Ghost00000000000001 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:37   #7
Arnoldio
Banned

Yes, send them your file you've changed (dont forget to make backup of original), and they can play with you on coop...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 17:11   #8
Ghost00000000000001

thx, me and my friends figured this out, although it was bit of a chore due to the version suggested only crashed the game, so we guessed a lot on how to make it work. It worked after a while.
Old 2009-12-06, 22:36   #9
WHPRaveman

This should work for other mods too right? For example the FH 2 mod only has 8 on 8 single player and I was wondering how to change it.
WHPRaveman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 00:47   #10
Ghost00000000000001

I dont see why it should'nt work with other mods, this is how we did it (although it might look different with the FH 2 mod. The folder you are looking for is
Battlefield 2\mods\*FH 2 mod name*\ai) and in the ai folder is an aidefault "AIfile" which you open with notepad and change where necessary:

"Tweaked" it from this:

rem *** PRSP Ai v5 ***

echo ************************************************** ***************************************
echo ************************************ PRSP AI Loaded *************************************
echo ************************************************** ***************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To override the amount of bots used in PRSP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem This will render the ingame menu and serversettings.con bot settings not used, as the following lines
rem of code overrides those settings.
rem Just remove the "rem" in front of the lines to make it read by the game, then edit the numbers as needed.

rem aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
rem aiSettings.setMaxNBots 47
rem aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
rem aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9

run BotNames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
rem aiDebug.draw 1
run AIPathFinding.ai

to this:

rem *** PRSP Ai v5 ***

echo ************************************ PRSP AI Loaded *************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To override the amount of bots used in PRSP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem This will render the ingame menu and serversettings.con bot settings not used, as the following lines
rem of code overrides those settings.
rem Just remove the "rem" in front of the lines to make it read by the game, then edit the numbers as needed.

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 60
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9

run BotNames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
rem aiDebug.draw 1
run AIPathFinding.ai

I hope this helps I hope this text was'nt too long and i am not guaranteeing this will work with your mod... MAKE BACKUPS OF THE FILES YOU CHANGE

Tags
bots, set