project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-11-06, 08:14   #1
obpmgmua
Default You guys gotta fix the mumble spam

Being a squad leader is unbearable sometimes. You can have up to a third your team shouting into your ear at once. Please limit the amount of people who can actively use the command channel like say 2-3 at once(excluding commander of course). Implement some sort of ingame commands for players to mute annoying players. Like !mute [insert name here]. Also local mumble needs to be fixed, because sometimes I hear people 10 stories below me as loud as the guy next to me, while me and him are trying to talk and plan out something. Is there a way to make people who are next to you sound louder? And those further away to sound lower?
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 10:00   #2
Cossack
Supporting Member

Default Re: You guys gotta fix the mumble spam

Fix the community not the game.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 10:10   #3
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Or you know, don't play on servers that don't enforce their rules.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 11:46   #4
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Mumble is only 2D so yes you hear the pilots flying above - doesn't happen often. I politely remind guys to use direct comms or to be a bit more pro. That works

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 19:05   #5
Wing Walker

Well, if it is really that big of a problem, according to the DEVs, not "randomPRplayer", then maybe just remove the all squad radio option.

It is convenient to hit the ALL channel and say "sniper on the crane" than to key all squads individually, and really there is no reason to not expect a bunch of game players to use the easiest option like that.

Personally, I don't really notice it that much, just small isolated times of lots of action. I usually try to remember to key specific squads, but in the heat of things its a lot quicker to hit the ALL key, and I think I do that mostly since I'm not constantly talking to the rest of the team like that anyway.

It is useful when your whole team needs to get motivated though, and SLs are lagging behind the effort.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 23:30   #6
sunshine2241991

yeah . sometimes i play as SL and deamn . that pure cancer . SL channel full of sh1t . sometimes i just alt tab and mute all SL
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 23:42   #7
Fir3w411

I think it is just so great to be playing and all of sudden a squad member asks something and at the same time 5 other SLs are speaking in all-squad. You can't hear your squad members, enemies begin to attack, and you die. And they (the ones spamming the button) are all not even talking to each other, just spouting useless crap that can be typed out in chat.
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 23:43   #8
communistman

I'm guilty of using the all SL key at times. It's occassionally useful for a quick SL meeting when the team needs to shift strategy, otherwise it's distracting and obnoxious. Removing the ability for leaders to use the 'all' key would force them to be more familiar with the squads on their team, and players would have to actually consider what information is relevant and to whom. Only commander should be able to address everyone simultaneously, which would also somewhat increase the importance of the role.

Such a system would be not only more realistic, but would encourage better coordination among leaders, I think.
communistman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 00:00   #9
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Originally Posted by communistman View Post
I'm guilty of using the all SL key at times. It's occassionally useful for a quick SL meeting when the team needs to shift strategy, otherwise it's distracting and obnoxious. Removing the ability for leaders to use the 'all' key would force them to be more familiar with the squads on their team, and players would have to actually consider what information is relevant and to whom. Only commander should be able to address everyone simultaneously, which would also somewhat increase the importance of the role.

Such a system would be not only more realistic, but would encourage better coordination among leaders, I think.
well if it reduce the spam i with you .
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, gotta, guys, mumble, spam