project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-29, 23:28   #1
Ondskan
Banned
Default "SPAM" KICKING GOTTA GO!

Seriously, second time this has happend.
If it happens once more I'll get pissed...

Here I am with my mate in a tank on the 10th community Server and since I'm the driver and spotter in my tank I keep spamming degrees for him cause there's alot of enemies.

330, 250, LEFT, RIGHT etc... and I do this for big targets for the team to.

So there was alot of enemies recently and obviously I spammed it alot. This time only in Squad chat AND STILL I get kicked.
In the middle of battle, good stats and still kick.

Second server, second time, in my maybe 2 months of playing this game. Its rare but its the MOST ANNOYING thing thats ever happend to me when it comes to games and servers.

This spam filter gotta go! You already have a filter for Short commands (STOP BLOCKING THIS CHANNEL) and the same could I understand happen for people that write to much in public or even squad channel (Despite mute buttons being available).

BUT TO ACTUALY HAVE A SCRIPT RUNNING THAT KICKS PEOPLE FOR BEING GOOD TEAM MATES AND REPORTING DEGREES? GTFO...

Seriously please change this crap.
Isn't it enough with the 31 sec blockade? You also have to have a script that kicks people just because they write alot? Aff...
Old 2008-11-29, 23:33   #2
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Default Re: "SPAM" KICKING GOTTA GO!

Seriously please..just use a mic.

Sincerly 32cap

Old 2008-11-30, 00:05   #3
Ondskan
Banned

Way to go...I thought this place would be filled with a bit more intelligent people than common fools who use strawmen arguments. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing logical in kicking people that spam degrees in Squad Chat.

You said it yourself, people often do it through VOIP so this is completely bullshit.
VOIP spam is also unregulated and ALOT more annoying.

Thus I ask for it to be removed from servers that have it (10th community and Tactical Gaming from what I know).

Can someone actually debate the issue? What's there not to agree on.

edit: And yes, perhaps my thread wasn't the most constructive and intelligent piece ever posted here aswell. But I hope you understand my frustration for being punished for saying co-ordinates when that's what this game encourages: Team play.

It's also idiotic to assume that 1. Everyone have a mic, 2. That everyone can use it all the time.
Not everyone live alone in basements. People have parents, live with friends or have their own families. So stop being so ignorant. Sometimes people sleep.
Old 2008-11-30, 00:09   #4
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Just use a mic and you wont get kicked? Where is the problem here?
Old 2008-11-30, 00:12   #5
ArPeeGee

Yeah, just use a microphone. You're helping yourself and your team. Crewing a vehicle + typing = Slow reaction = Dead
Old 2008-11-30, 00:23   #6
Ondskan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
Just use a mic and you wont get kicked? Where is the problem here?
Dude the freakin "problem" is that it's a strawman argument and that it is not of any interest. Det är "ovidkommande" på svenska. Ifall du förstår.

Also read the part about mics. I have one but I don't like using it to often and currently my family is asleep so I can't use it. Also I've had problems in the past with people not understand what I say or I not understand what they say or someone ellse not understanding someone ellse.

So stop being ignorant and explain to why this is needed if there's no chat/spam filter for the mic? And why is it at all needed when you can/should be able to mute anyone AND when there's a 32 delay if you spam to much anyway.

Now adhere to the question at hand or gtfo the thread, seriously.
Or talk about Hello Kitty because it has just the same relevance to the question at hand.
Old 2008-11-30, 00:40   #7
Robbeh

Surely your entire family doesn't sleep in the same room as your computer?
Just use a mic, turn up the mic boost and talk into it quietly... problem solved.

The anti-spam scripts on these servers are put in place to stop tards spamming up messages unnecessarily, they are most likely very basic and theres no way that they can identify a difference between someone spamming useful information and some tit spamming "LOLOMGWUT"

Seriously using text to communicate in this game puts you at a serious disadvantage, if you cant communicate without using it don't take up such a role on servers that have the spam scripts enabled.
Old 2008-11-30, 00:46   #8
Ondskan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
i wouldnt even get in a tank with someone without a mic
Your little problem. Not mine. And I wouldn't want to take up a tank with a prick neither so don't worry.

@Robbeh
No need for patrionizing statements. Ofcourse they don't sleep in the same room. That is beyond the point. At least you manage to address the point a little bit. The rest fail completely.

It's like asking a question about why a recepie has a certain ingredient and getting the answer "don't eat that, eat this then".

My question is why there are so HARSH filters for this and none for VOIP. It does not make sense. The 31-32 sec block is enough. I've experienced no troubles with people using texting, especially in squads on servers that allow it. It's your opinion that it puts me in an inadvantage, I feel the message gets through better when fighting from certain positions.

Honestly, your opinion in this case matters just as little as mine. The text window is there for communication and the question still remains unanswered: Why do you get kicked for writting alot in your squad window. It is JUST the same as using VOIP. Heck you're even telling me to use VOIP to do the EXACT same thing that I do with text...so if logic was used and not ass:gic then there would not be this harsh of a filter or VOIP would somehow be filtered to.

edit: What it boils down to is that this game is about teamwork. Some of you actually claim that I am at a disadvantage when using text which in many (but not all) cases is true. Now I must ask you and please answer THE QUESTION: How is it then fair to claim that the spam filter is justified if all it accomplishes is further lowering my and others ability that use text messaging to attain at least "some" form of teamplay?

If you can answer this question then please write here and I will be glad.
If not, go troll somewhere ellse showing of how superior you are to someone who just doesn't want to wake his family up.

@The message above. Indeed, I thought about that. But I'd rather get a discussion or a sort of "call out" to all servers, asking them why they go either way.
Last edited by Ondskan; 2008-11-30 at 00:52..
Old 2008-11-30, 00:49   #9
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It's up to the server admins. Ask in the appropriate thread, maybe you will get an answer from them.

10th
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29...y-germany.html

Tactical Gamer
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29...r-com-usa.html

Old 2008-11-30, 00:53   #10
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondskan View Post
Your little problem. Not mine. And I wouldn't want to take up a tank with a prick neither so don't worry.
First of all calm down.

The spam settings are controlled on the server side so if you have a problem with a specific server take it to their forum. Each server owner has their own rules so try and find a server that suits you.

Closed Thread

Tags
gotta, kicking, spam