project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-03-05, 00:40   #1
vishuddaxxx

Default grenade spam?

I think people have too many grenades, and it can become spammy..

it may be realistic, but for gameplay purposes, I think you have players have a maximium of 2 grenades, only grenadier kit should have more?

what do you all think ?
Old 2009-03-05, 07:27   #2
tanky
Default Re: grenade spam?

no dont nerf grenades....just wait for the new noobs to get board and leave. There are alot more this release than any other, I guess its due to all the publicity it been getting (MOTY). They are causing some undesirable gameplay effects like spamming of anything and everything, and also no-mic-lone-wolfing-whilst-in-a-squad-ing. lol

...just let them pass and it will get better with time, it always does
Old 2009-03-05, 07:35   #3
Solid Knight

People don't know what spamming is. Spamming is indiscriminately attacking with no regard as to whether or not something is there. If your squad has been spotted and all of a sudden ten grenades land in your area it is not spam. They're aiming. They're trying to kill you. If you see a guy just tossing grenades around without any knowledge of the enemy being there then he is spamming.
Old 2009-03-05, 07:52   #4
tanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
People don't know what spamming is. Spamming is indiscriminately attacking with no regard as to whether or not something is there. If your squad has been spotted and all of a sudden ten grenades land in your area it is not spam. They're aiming. They're trying to kill you. If you see a guy just tossing grenades around without any knowledge of the enemy being there then he is spamming.
no thats nit-picking lol

you know what he means...you cant say you havn't seen an influx of (Im assuming unrealistic) grenade waves this release? some rounds it seems thats all I die from..grenades! Also the fact that you can now be revived from ANYTHING...it means alot more of 'squad goes down from grenades, they get revived, then go down from grenades again, and again, etc.

But like I said, just let it die down and it will improve.

And i wouldnt say spamming is necessarily only indiscriminate...its a term alot of people use for an over-zealous (OTT) use of something.

Old 2009-03-05, 08:05   #5
Solid Knight

Not really, I don't see much more grenade tossing than usual and even if it does go up it's not a huge problem.
Old 2009-03-05, 08:41   #6
Axel

I played some BF2 a couple of days ago, and now I thank god that the grenade is modeled as it is in PR.
Old 2009-03-05, 09:47   #7
Kruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishuddaxxx View Post
I think people have too many grenades, and it can become spammy..

it may be realistic, but for gameplay purposes, I think you have players have a maximium of 2 grenades, only grenadier kit should have more?

what do you all think ?
If you think you saw nade spam,you are wrong,just play Red Orchestra on 50 player server and then you'll redefine the nade spam concept (SMGs are capable of firing accurately only to 40 meters,NAdes have 60m range,it takes 1 second to bring your weapon to IS,it takes 1 secondto switch to nade and nades are so fucking accurate+20 second respawn on a 1km map)

I am sure its fine it is in PR,because most of the engagements between inf. are taking place at 100m+ more,Nades have a range about 50 meters at most,and they are not that accurate...
Old 2009-03-05, 23:33   #8
vishuddaxxx

hi,

thats cool, but however, we ned agme play also in PR, and to die by nades is quite annoying, and it kind of lacks skills in some ways, I know its realostic to have more greandes, but because our movemnet is quite restrictive, as compared to REALITY, we should 'nt suffer all penaties so harshly in teh game, like realistic greande spamming?

so in kind of order to combat this, we got to reduce such a easy to use powerful weapon...

if you knwo what I mean
Old 2009-03-05, 23:39   #9
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

maybe a louder noise when the grenade hits the ground would help

Old 2009-03-05, 23:58   #10
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
maybe a louder noise when the grenade hits the ground would help
This.

Grenades are annoying as hell. It would help if I could hear them hit the ground.

Tags
grenade, spam