project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-28, 15:53   #1
Anubis
Default Civilian spawntime

Before you read this, i have checked the suggestions that have been seen before on this forum and havent found anything about this matter, so i hope at dont enrage any of the veteran users or moderators by giving this suggestion.

I cant say im an expert on this, but i have a suggestion for the civilian class.
I dont know what you other people think but, atleast i think the collaboratior class have a very long spawn time 120 seconds (2 minutes). And in my point of view it would be better if the spawntime would be 60 seconds.

Why? Well, the only classes on insurgents that have bandages is the cell leader and the civilian have the aid kit. Most of you that have played insurgensy, have most likely encounterd that you have taken a hit in your leg as insurgent and started to bleed and there is no chance to survive, because the lack of bandages or medics. Sure you dont lose tickets as insurgent team when someone dies, unless the opposing team destroy a cache.

But the civilian class is a medic and have a grappling hook witch is an excellent class for any squad. But people tend not to play the class, perhaps beacuse it dosent have weapons, or atleast for me 2 minutes spawntime is abit too much but its a really fun class to play otherwise. So in my point of view, if there is fighting in a city, you will meet civilian people running around, so if if the spawntime is put to 60 seconds i think more people will play collaboratior.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:56   #2
arthuro12

Default Re: Civilian spawntime

well, i think its a great idea.. but then you would see massive armies of civillians instead of normal infantry methinks D:
Old 2009-04-28, 16:04   #3
StuTika

Well, IRL civis are much more abundant than fighters...
Old 2009-04-28, 16:09   #4
Anubis

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthuro12 View Post
well, i think its a great idea.. but then you would see massive armies of civillians instead of normal infantry methinks D:
Hmm, well there is always that risk that the class will be too popular. But the class dosent have any weapons, except that he can revive people with guns, and you cant switch kits except with other collaboratiors. But yes i see your point.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:10   #5
White Rock

My view exactly.

They added the two minute spawn time to punish people from getting killed on purpose (jumping in front of fire and all that) but i think the slap in on the cheek became a kick in the balls with that amount of increasing.

Quote:
well, i think its a great idea.. but then you would see massive armies of civilians instead of normal infantry methinks D:
Not as many as 0.75, and back then it was 6-7 tops if there was a civvie squad. Otherwise it was about 2-4.

Ah.. civilian was so much fun back then. Toss a rock, climb a rope around a corner and release when they follow you... or slide down it and do the same.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:12   #6
Jigsaw

Im afraid this is a resuggestion. Sorry mate.

Page 2 searching "civilian" gives this:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...n-time-12.html
Old 2009-04-28, 16:18   #7
Anubis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw-uk View Post
Im afraid this is a resuggestion. Sorry mate.

Page 2 searching "civilian" gives this:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...n-time-12.html
ah, sorry for my blindness. checked it for over 30 minutes.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:22   #8
myles

Im thinking you are new to the game but that dosent really matter. The reson civis have big spawntimes is because when a civi gets shot by the coaltion forces the coaltion forces lose IP and 10 tickets so if tge civis had a short spawn time then everyone would be them and try to get the coaltion forces to shoot them.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:25   #9
Anubis

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Im thinking you are new to the game but that dosent really matter. The reson civis have big spawntimes is because when a civi gets shot by the coaltion forces the coaltion forces lose IP and 10 tickets so if tge civis had a short spawn time then everyone would be them and try to get the coaltion forces to shoot them.
Yes, have played it since v.0.856 came out, so im kinda new to the game.
Old 2009-04-28, 23:40   #10
Saobh
Retired Moderator

This is a resuggestion as jigsaw-uk stated, thus locking.

And Welcome to the Forums

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

Closed Thread

Tags
civilian, reduce, spam, spawntime