project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2013-05-20, 13:45   #1
notmyingamename
Default 24/7 vehicle warfare server

just wanted to throw this out there, because the fights in falklands are amazing.
pr needs this server.

not sure who (or what entity) would consider converting their own server, but there are many on the list that do not currently see any play on a daily basis. with 1.0, a lot are anticipating an accompanying surge in players. this would fill a unique slot on the server list, and give a large number of players who don't normally get to fly cas the option to get some air frags in at a non-coop level. there's a lot more to say about how much better falklands air both feels and plays, as contrasted with the classics (kashan etc), but i'll let your own experiences speak for themselves.

wasn't 100% comfortable posting this suggestion here, so i'm sorry if there's a more appropriate place.
notmyingamename is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 01:37   #2
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: 24/7 vehicle warfare server

idk, I like variety. It would be lame it if I went to the deploy menu and the only populated server just played the same gamemode on loop...

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 12:37   #3
Rabbit

Seeding VW is hard to do, I think it would be best to run it as a weekly event.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 19:13   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
Seeding VW is hard to do, I think it would be best to run it as a weekly event.
The Falklands VW Layer with just jets and AA in the the last PR:F release was in fact an awesome seeder map, since you didn't need that many players for it to be good as was even fun as a 1v1, but took a bit of time to find your opponent and wait for them to come back after getting shot down

There also was a 24/7 server running it for a bit iirc (or it might have been its initial seeder layer) and it was pretty good for some jet action and had quite a few players in constantly which worked out too well since the game mode sorta broke down a bit when there was too many players in all trying to take off and land at the same time hehe.

EDIT: Ye there was a 24/7 VW server:

2012/10/21

2012/12/28

2013/01/05

And for the next PR:F release I'm hoping at seriously improving the VW layer(s) and game mode

As for the actual suggestion, I think there may be a place for a 24/7 since it is such a unique game mode / setup compared to the rest of PR that people will really like but its probably best used as a seeder map IMO

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2015-02-06 at 19:32..
Old 2015-02-08, 22:00   #5
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
-snip-
Yeah, but tbh Falklands was the only VW I ever liked, and I think that stands for a lot of people. I would like to see possible changes to the layer as you mentioned.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 10:55   #6
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I'm a really bad pilot and even I enjoyed that one so many aircraft and the Argentinians 'long' flight was epic.
Sink the Atlantic Conveyor!!!!

Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2016-02-23 at 10:57.. Reason: Holy thread revival batman a year......sorry
Old 2016-02-23, 13:13   #7
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If you enjoyed the last version, the new version's Vehicle Warfare will be much better, since the last version was more of a test of the basic concept, and this one will have quite a few new gameplay dynamics in it with any luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
Sink the Atlantic Conveyor!!!!
In the next version, will be "Sink the Frigates!!!!" too

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 15:18   #8
blayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
If you enjoyed the last version, the new version's Vehicle Warfare will be much better, since the last version was more of a test of the basic concept, and this one will have quite a few new gameplay dynamics in it with any luck

In the next version, will be "Sink the Frigates!!!!" too

The type 912 radar, Corvus countermeasures launchers, Sea Cat , oerlikons and ammunition with Multipurpose fuse to the Mk8 disagree with you Rhino...
blayas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 15:34   #9
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayas View Post
The type 912 radar, Corvus countermeasures launchers, Sea Cat , oerlikons and ammunition with Multipurpose fuse to the Mk8 disagree with you Rhino...
Don't forget the masts, really easy to crash into them, as one Argentine A-4 did when attacking one during the war (Note the rear mast is bent over in the pics below after the A-4 hit it), and our testers have also found them very tricky to avoid too

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 20:56   #10
dysin

those early morning 10v10 and 15v15's we snuck in were awesome. i guess those would have been afternoon rounds for rhino. we ended up hijacking empty hog a lot of times we made it happen, and just ran a friendlier map when it got over 40. one of those guys was pretty courteous for running it instead of seeding fallujah, i want to say it was sgt nass but it was 2 or 3 years ago. whoever it was
dysin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
24 or 7, server, vehicle, warfare