project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2022-11-27, 20:32   #1
[R-DEV]​Unicode
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Lightbulb [Map] Road to Damascus (4km) [WIP]

Hi! As some of you may know I've been working on a map located in Taiwan but unfortunately the files have been lost completely (system drive died and backup was corrupted).

So for the last 2 weeks I've been working on a new map I've had in mind for a while. Here it is.

Name: Road to Damascus
Location: Syria, Damascus-Beirut highway, close to the Lebanon–Syria border
Size: 4km
Factions : IDF vs MEC or Syrian Rebels
Game Play Type : AAS, Focus on both heavy assets and infantry.

Rough plan for layers:
1. A standard layer with a full-scale battle with 3x tanks and CAS
I want this to be a decent alternative to maps like Bijar, Kashan and Burning Sands.
2. A light assets + trans mobility layer with limited visibility
3. Insurgency could be considered if the map ends up being detailed enough

Final notes:
1. Feedback is really appreciated, but kindly skip the obvious stuff. The map is still in heavy development, I didn't really get into the details yet, there's no lightmaps and textures/light settings aren't final.
2. I might organize a playtest at some point to see how it plays out so stay tuned as I'll put further info in this thread if I decide to do it.
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-28, 01:06   #2
Coalz101
Default Re: [Map] Road to Damascus (4km) [WIP]

Looks interesting enough, feels kinda empty though maybe add a few more rocks in the open areas or adjust terrain to give cover for low profile vehicles, like BMPs, and infantry.
As I haven't seen the map really good I can't suggest flag routes right now, but Highway with like a 300m cap might be interesting fight.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-29, 08:52   #3
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

What a shame that the other map was lost, sorry to hear it!

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 03:06   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicode View Post
Hi! As some of you may know I've been working on a map located in Taiwan but unfortunately the files have been lost completely (system drive died and backup was corrupted).

So for the last 2 weeks I've been working on a new map I've had in mind for a while. Here it is.
Buy some software to recover lost files and fix corrupted ones. I did that for some head camera files that were corrupted for paintball. I use Wondershare RepairIt for videos and other media files. You might need a different company. Find what you need. Try it out.

You can get an all in one software for to connect your phones, MP3, flashdrives and hard drives. Don't ever delete a corrupted file, keep them on a flash. You can get partial intact at the LEAST, if not whole intact files. Buy the software and it does most of the work.

Love the map BTW. Always put the easily climbable trees that have ropes, maybe consider putting some trees far enough into the ground a techi could be driven below it to just jump onto the branch but high enough so players can not being noticed from the ground. Faster than a rope getting everyone in a tree.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 08:49   #5
Oatmealzz

Love it
Oatmealzz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 12:13   #6
[R-DEV]​Unicode
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Buy some software to recover lost files and fix corrupted ones. I did that for some head camera files that were corrupted for paintball. I use Wondershare RepairIt for videos and other media files. You might need a different company. Find what you need. Try it out.
I spent a whole week on trying to recover the data, but the drive is just broken. The problem is that getting an M.2 SSD drive fixed is really expensive around here. I'm obviously keeping it and the files might just as well be perfectly fine on it, so I might get it back when the time comes. All cheaper software attempts to get it back from other drives the map was on gave me corrupted files sadly.

And thanks a lot for all the feedback
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote