project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-03, 16:10   #1
Bazookaro
Default Forgotten Hope 2

Greetings comrades!
As you know there is a mod called Forgotten Hope 2 where they are all about WW2.
I was thinking if it would be possible to get the FH2 devs to help out the PR devs on the PR WW2 mod. I know that FH2 devs/modders are really good with this stuff and if we can get more devs working on the same stuff we could make a really good WW2 mod. I am sure if that would happen than tons of people would join the community to start playing the pr ww2.

But than again i know that FH2 devs/modders are afraid of EA, they don't want to get legal issues with them that's why they don't really want to make FH2 stand alone. Project Reality being a stand alone mod would perhaps scare them away from teaming up with us.

What do you guys think would there be a way for PR ww2 devs and FH2 devs to work together to accomplish something greater?
Old 2018-06-03, 16:24   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Forgotten Hope 2

Hi, welcome! This has been suggested 100x times already. We don't actively work together as we are two separate projects with different goals.

We do however have always shared knowledge and tools to make our modding lives easier. And from time to time to an asset trade if it's worth it for both parties. But that's much more rare.

This won't change anytime soon. As both parties are perfectly happy with how things are.

Old 2018-06-04, 17:46   #3
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazookaro View Post
What do you guys think would there be a way for PR ww2 devs and FH2 devs to work together to accomplish something greater?
FH2 doesn't typically share content with other mods. That is just a fact of life. I love how newbies suggest stuff like this all the time without thinking that veterans here don't already know what FH2 is or haven't already tried reaching out to them before.

I am however, working on a WW2 mod that is a remake of 1942 in HD in the BF2 engine called Battlefield 1944. I am absolutely sharing a lot of content we get exported that comes from our sister mod from 1942 called Battlegroup42, the quality of the content is already great and in many cases better than original FH1 stuff in the 1942 mod. So it ports over to BF2 very well. I think maybe they could benefit from 2k textures but we already have exported an M10 Tank Destroyer and I was about to send it over to AfterDune to check out today.

These are a bit older pictures of it but we have since fixed the placement of the road wheels so they don't clip into the bogies.

The Battlegroup42 devs gave my team permission to port over 100% of the great content from that mod, and since PR:WW2 already uses a ton of the sequel Battlegroup Frontlines content, it will fit well since it is similar art style to the other stuff. Might need more higher res HD textures but still very nice already.

Don't worry, we got these guys back and will help out with sharing time consuming exported tracked vehicles like tanks and aircraft when possible.

If you would like to check out our arcade mod to see the quality of our other stuff you can follow it here.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-1944
Old 2018-07-03, 21:03   #4
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

2k textures? don't bump up these games memory requirements it causes enough problems with CTD for some people as it is i.e. kashan v2 / and other remakes.

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
Closed Thread

Tags
forgotten, hope