project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-02-06, 17:31   #1
xChrisLetsFailx
Default Still active + download without torrent?

Hey guys,
are there still EU-servers with many players?
Everything here seems a kinda dead (and yes, I know nobody here want to hear that, but it sadly is)

I'd love to play pr again, but it's unplayable with a ping of 100+ and I've a problem with downloading the mod, as I don't use torrents even if this one is "safe", I just don't like torrents and I'm not going to download the mod via torrent.

So my second question: Is there any other downloadlink?

Hope you can help me
xChrisLetsFailx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 18:02   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Still active + download without torrent?

You can always use PR-SPY. Our live tool to check the current servers. Usually there are at least 2 full 100P European servers every evening.

Project Reality: PRSPY

There is also a android app of the same name btw

I'm sure somebody also can provide you with a direct link instead of a torrent. I don't have one myself.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 18:28   #3
Spook
Supporting Member

[NEW] New Era Warfare , german-english server, is full every evening. Nothing is dead .

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 19:47   #4
Cossack
Supporting Member

I still don't understand people fear about torrents... Its like wtf. Its the content from god knows resource you have downloaded not torrent itself.

Sure, its used for pirated stuff, but you know its actually really widespread for legal stuff as well and PR is the case.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 21:13   #5
Anderson29
Supporting Member

moddb usually has a standard download right?

yeah i found it....give this a shot

moddb link here

and remember before u install pr your bf2 needs to be updated to version 1.5 and if its not then i would suggest doing a search for "project reality installation guide"

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Last edited by Anderson29; 2015-02-06 at 21:19..
Old 2015-02-06, 21:26   #6
Spook
Supporting Member

In germany non-experienced internet users connect torrents to illegal activity even though torrent itself is just a p2p protocol for file sharing purposes which makes it easy for copyright enforcers to catch people sharing licensed stuff though. So they quickly think torrenting itself is illegal while its obviously just the content that you are sharing incase its not free. There are alot of german lawyers who earn their money solely on blackmailing thousands of people weekly to pay a warning-fine if they catch them instead of going to court which is not possible with these numbers and would be not profitable.

Torrenting free stuff is completely legal including PR.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 00:18   #7
Jevski

Bf2 is optimized for playing with a ping around 100. I play with around 100-120 and never had any problem.
Jevski is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 19:35   #8
xChrisLetsFailx

First of all, thanks for the replies.
I'm so glad the mod is not dead and there is the moddb thingy.
Will it update itself, the file I download from moddb?

Woah, Woah, Woah...
I'm experienced with internet-stuff, but I had trouble with torrents 2 times now (only legal download, I swear that) but I don't want this "Are you sure it was legal to download this?" shit again.
I did not have to pay anything as it WAS legal, but I just don't want this to happen again.

Maybe I'm just unlucky with torrents, but as I said: No more torrents for me

Well, I'll download the moddb version right now (It will take forever anyways because my internet is crap...) but yeah, thank you all again.
xChrisLetsFailx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 15:50   #9
Anderson29
Supporting Member

yeah once u get 1.0 version it will be good. basically your downloading the original mod, installer, and mumble.. and the installer basically organizes it all for you to make your life easier. after you download the installer it will update itself to 1.2 and then you will be good to go....and if things dont go well then you got us here in the forums for help. best of luck and some of us hav our contact info in our sigs....feel free to hit me or anyone else up on steam or whatever.....we're good people....most of us anyways....

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 17:37   #10
EA_SUCKS

PR dead? I've been hearing that for the last 8 years or so
EA_SUCKS is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
active, download, torrent