project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-06-01, 21:09   #1
KingKong.CCCP

Default MEDIC: Field dressing before revive!

For the love of God, please throw that field dressing before you revive people!
I'm tired of saying this over and over and over again.

You got the thing covered with Fuzzhead squad leading training IIRC (ancient history), and please don't argue with me on this, it's the same story way back from 0.5 (or even before that).

DROP A FIELD DRESSING ON THE WOUNDED GUY BEFORE YOU REVIVE HIM!

ADDENDUM

More details... I see we're gonna need it:
1. while running to revive a guy, switch to the field dressing
2. drop it on his body - the effect is the same as using "the hands"
3. use epipen to revive
EDIT (I thought the 4th step is obvious):
4. heal the guy with the medic bag

Benefits:
1. the guy is revived with initial boost from the field dressing (he gets like 20% right there)
2. there is no black-white effect so the person can sprint as soon as he is revived, and can aim and shoot efficiently
3. the person will not die if trips on the stairs, like he would if you don't use the field dressing
4. also he will not die in the next 30 secs if he gets separated from you
5. because the body "jumps" (gets separated from the texture), you will be able to revive every guy on mumble with the first try

- Use the field dressing even when you just need to heal a guy, like if he has 80% health - just switch to the field dressing while running to him, and drop it on him, and do something else. Don't waste your and his time on healing with a medic pack.
- Also, when a squad member (LMG/Grenadier/etc) has a stationary position, it's a nice thing to drop one field dressing at his spot, so that he receives a insta-heal if he gets hit.

Save the field dressing only when you're low on ammo as a squad.
Last edited by KingKong.CCCP; 2010-06-02 at 10:26..
Old 2010-06-01, 21:19   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: MEDIC: Field dressing before revive!

well, i've did perfectly well as a medic and never did that. not even once.
i don't think this is something crucial, just a little faster-heal-tip/hint

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 22:43   #3
KingKong.CCCP

@sweedensniiperr,
would you rather be revived with or without that field dressing?
KingKong.CCCP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 23:12   #4
WhatMan
Banned

Thanks

I've learned something new today
WhatMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 23:14   #5
goguapsy

KingKong, you make all this stuff sound like an exploit.

I mean, you are a MEDIC what ELSE will you be doing instead of healing a guy?

Number 2 is clearly an exploit.

Number 3: say wut?

Second "-": Exploit right there -- if a guy gets HIT he must get to cover to heal, not just act like a bee stung him or something.

In my opinion, there should be a 5 second delay between patch drop and patch heal -- to prevent exploits, while still being able to revive with the field dressing (super-resurrecting-hands), and encorage medic-bag healing.

(NOTE: No aggressivety intended, I don't know how I sounded).
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 08:17   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

acctually i rather see my medic to revive me, get me to a safe position, drop patch then heal.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 10:03   #7
KingKong.CCCP

@goguapsy,
Quote:
Number 3: say wut?
if you're revived without a patch, and you follow the medic with like 1% health the smallest amount of damage can kill you. So if you can't see (black/white screen), you can make a small drop on the steep hill, or even stairs and get killed.

I agree it's a bit of an exploit. But you can say, if you drop a patch, before a revive, that's like treating the wound, fixing the bleed before a revive. If you just hit him with an epipen (without patching him first), that's like bringing someone to a conscience state with massive open wounds.
To my surprise I found out many veteran players do not practice the use of field dressing when reviving, not because of the exploit issue, but because they think it's not that efficient.

One more thing, if you're a medic on a mumble populated server - get mumble asap. If you don't use mumble, you probably missed dozens of friendly calls for heal, or revive.
Last edited by KingKong.CCCP; 2010-06-02 at 10:11..
Old 2010-06-02, 10:26   #8
Jarryd_455495

I've seen many things like this, little things people can do more effective but don't, for example i see hugh amounts of people trying to throw the rope to grapple down a building from half way into the buildings roof and finally get it on the 3-5 time.
When they could have just walked over to the edge, look at the edge and just tapped the Right Mouse Button so the rope falls onto the edge and hangs down.

So i agree with you but it's all and good to say something on a forum but to remember to do it while under fire is another thing and then share it with people more than just the forum members. I for sure forget to drop a field dressing before reviving.
Hope this didn't come across as angry, it's good people are sharing their tips/knowledge.

Ps. just wondering how many people know something the majority of the community doesn't?
Jarryd_455495 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 10:39   #9
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Number 2 is clearly an exploit.
Before we had the "CPR hands" dropping the field dressing was standard procedure for most if not all medics, in no way shape or form an exploit.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 15:15   #10
sakils2
Banned

He meant this:
Quote:
2. there is no black-white effect so the person can sprint as soon as he is revived, and can aim and shoot efficiently
sakils2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dressing, field, medic, revive