project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-08-06, 21:00   #1
Ramjali
Smile Insurgents or Terrorist (HEHE) guide

I found a good tactic for the insurgents because it worked for me. For this guide to work you need to be very cunning.

1. you need to use the kit with IED and antipersonnel mines and go solo because this is nearly a suicide mission . Then find a 2 storey house near enemy FOB with and plant IED in front or in the house (out of view). In that house there should be a escape route(usually balcony).
2. This might sound crazy but attract attention by looking out of the window so they can see you and shoot at enemy (squad only) even if they are far away.
3. When you have attracted their attention, plant antipersonnel mines ( out of view) in the entry door of the house and hide in a safe place away from windows because they will probably shoot you and start throwing grenades in. But when you hide start shooting to constantly attracting their attention.
4.This is when your plan will start working. Because you are out manned, the enemy will try to clear the house but when they enter the house, the antipersonnel mines will go of and kill the enemy then listen carefully for his squad mates or medic. Then when you hear the enemies trying to revive the injured guy or entering the house, bugger out of the house and run very far away. Then (this is your master plan), set off your ied and this should kill the injured guy's squad or the medic. Return to your crate, rearm and restart your harassment.

ANOTHER SIMPLER TACTIC BUT YOU NEED TO BE SOLO

1. find unsuspecting squad
2.Sneak up close to the squad
3. Kill one of their squad mate out of view of the main squad.
4. hide somewhere close but have a clear view of the solider u just killed.
5. when their squad comes back to revive their squad mate, throw your Molotov or grenade in the most densely packed area and kill the medic trying to revive.
6. After doing this you should usually be killed but you will have a lot of kills for some or no deaths.

If you find this tactic useful, please reply.

OH yeah i forgot to say, imagination is your greatest weapon like the wise man says MUAHAHA
Last edited by Ramjali; 2010-08-06 at 21:04.. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 2010-08-06, 21:11   #2
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgents or Terrorist (HEHE) guide

I planted 4 Arty IEDs once in a cache building, when 2 Squads entered the building and destroyed the cache (their was a LAV waiting outside too!) I blew them up, The APC was smoking heavily and all the infantrymen died, a good tactic too use, but watch out for near team mates and the cache, when detonating it.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 18:52   #3
Delfer

Both of these tactics are pretty vanilla noobish since they don't utilize any form of teamwork and seem to be just for the kills.

This is not what PR, Insurgency mode, or the sapper kit are supposed to be used for.
Delfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 19:08   #4
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfer View Post
Both of these tactics are pretty vanilla noobish since they don't utilize any form of teamwork and seem to be just for the kills.

This is not what PR, Insurgency mode, or the sapper kit are supposed to be used for.
I disagree. As insurgent you can do a LOT of damage alone... This isn't BLUFOR.

About the tactics, though, they are both bound to fail tbh...

If I see an insurgent in a building, I will make my squad throw so many grenades that you WILL die wherever you are, because at least one grenade will land near you. Also, most of the time I ask a couple of my squad members to climb the roof while the others storm the stairs. Hopefully the building will be clear already because of the grenades.

The second tactic normally doesn't work because the guns are SO LOUD that you can hear where the insurgent was (it is hard to hide in PR actually. All humans stand out like a soar thumb for some reason). It works better with a marksman/sniper kit from far away... Or a grenade to kill in both situations.
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 22:13   #5
mosinmatt

Molotovs are great to burn out a wounded guy, or deny access to an area.
In a map like ramiel inside the city, I like to sneak around and IED squads. Sneak around buildigns, and when you find one throw down your IED and BAM! dead squad.

Civilians are good if there are no shotgunners around, rush them while being a shield for your squad mates. Even if you die, they should get punished, and when they do die LONG respawn for them.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 21:32   #6
LuckyE

I really dont know why people in PR dont like insurgents i pefor US of corse but they can littery vanish a whole single squad if put to good use. Just by useing your gun with no scope trust me insurgents own.
LuckyE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 23:03   #7
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyE View Post
I really dont know why people in PR dont like insurgents i pefor US of corse but they can littery vanish a whole single squad if put to good use. Just by useing your gun with no scope trust me insurgents own.
Well yeah. I'm always surprised how 1 single insurgent can take out an entire US squad on Kokan, even if they got a HMMWV at their disposal.

That's why I think, something is wrong... Because sometimes, sneaking on your own is better/SAFER than having the whole squad.... you know.
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 16:31   #8
Limitbreaker

A single soldier draws a lot less attention and can pass unseen more safely.

Thus increasing your chance to setup an OMGWTFZ ambush.
Limitbreaker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, hehe, insurgents, terrorist