project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-12-30, 22:25   #1
Herbiie
Default Training Manual (WIP)

Hey Guys,

I'm actually writing this Manual for VBS2 JCOVE but hey, people here might find it interesting/helpful:

Version 0.5.

Tell me what you think, I know it's not going to be 100% useful for PR but ah well.
Last edited by Herbiie; 2011-05-27 at 10:57..
Old 2011-01-01, 16:28   #2
lromero

Default Re: Training Manual (WIP)

Nice manual
lromero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 09:09   #3
2Hitman3

Great job, nice manual. Hope youll finish it
2Hitman3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 17:36   #4
goguapsy

Very very awesome.

I believe most of those tips are indeed useful for PR (specially defilade fire... never really thought of that).

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the level of organization of a regular PR player wouldn't allow a good ambush or tactical move to be made. And rounds are too quick and actions are too sudden to allow patrols (ie. it is whether move to attack or defend...)

It will be very possible with a clan, though. I mean, that is a good standard manual for a squad. Specially for tournaments and clans.

BTW, never figured how to play VBS2 JCOVE... How do I do that ? Where to download?
Last edited by goguapsy; 2011-03-07 at 17:44..
Old 2011-05-27, 10:57   #5
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
And rounds are too quick and actions are too sudden to allow patrols (ie. it is whether move to attack or defend...)
You can always patrol (Especially in organised games).

Moving forward to attack a flag - on the way there, you're on a Fighting Patrol, you can be contacted at any point. Defending a flag, you set up Standing Patrols in different places. Calling in mortars as part of a recce squad? You do a Recce Patrol.

Fighting Patrol is by far the most common type of patrol, any time you're moving around the battlefield it'll be a fighting patrol.

Even if you're defending a flag, you can carry out fighting patrols, or in insurgency you can clear an area through patrolling from a FB. Any mention of a hide/Patrol Base in the manual can be seen as a Fire Base in PR.

Version 0.23 got 287 Downloads Thanks!

Version 0.5:
VBS2 JCOVE Lite Training Manual v0.5.pdf

Section 1 is done, there'll be one more Section about Commanding a Section, although it won't be too helpful for PR (It'll be about using the map in JCOVE etc.)
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 15:40   #6
MrTomRobs

A very good manual! I really hope you get to finish it soon, i've made some bullet points on it already and stuck it above my Ops Desk! (My regular computer desk where i play pr, but its nice to give names to things...)

Good work!
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, training, wip