project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2011-07-12, 11:08   #1
Sgt_Doctor
Default New Camo

New Dutch Camo and Uniform? Soldier Systems

Quote:
According to several internet postings, the accompanying pictures is reportedly of a new camouflage pattern and uniform for the Dutch Army.

Unveiled at a recent Army shooting competition, the garrison and field variants are reportedly to see fielding beginning in 2014 as an extension of the Soldier Modernization Program (in Dutch, VOSS for the English Improved Operational Soldier System). It is anticipated that this variant, intended for woodland and urban environments, will not see any further alteration. The pattern is of the so-called fractal design, which uses patterns within patterns. Additionally, there is an arid pattern under development. As you can see, the Soldiers are in front of a TenCate sign. According to reporting, the uniforms are made from TenCate?s Defender-M fabric, which is the same fabric story as the Army?s FR ACU and USMC?s FROG.
New Dutch Camo and Uniform? Soldier Systems

Any info ?
Old 2011-07-12, 11:17   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: New Camo

Looks good. Reminds me of a more spaced out PLA Type 07. Bout time that they got rid of DPM too, having a unique camouflage and uniform is important for representation IMO.

Since its being introduced in 2014 its safe to have a reskin of the Dutch in-game, plus it'll look great if the resolution is good.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:26   #3
MCI

I don't like it, it reminds me of the German Flecktarn camo

Would have preffered MultiCam or even MARPAT / ACUPAT. Probably too expensive due to the defence budget cuts....

I know that Glim had a photo from a couple of patterns in development from his army day trip.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f20...ml#post1278656

Furthermore they had this Jungle pattern: http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...NGL_OUTFIT.jpg

And as part of the upgrading of uniform and gear they are also working on a new type of helmet:

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/...227574-368.jpg
Last edited by MCI; 2011-07-12 at 11:38..
Old 2011-07-12, 13:17   #4
Zemciugas

The first thing that came in mind was russian surpat camo. Looks russian overall. Not bad I guess.
Old 2011-07-12, 18:11   #5
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Sgt_Doctor View Post
Yeah. The one on the left is the ops uniform, for field use. The one on the right is barracks uniform. The ops uniform features more pockets, trousers with more pockets and bretels instead of a belt, like the barracks uniform has. Further more extra ventilation is available by zipping several parts open. Further more, we have 4 camouflage patterns at the moment; DPM woodland, US M81 (92?) desert, US M81 in jungle colours and US M81 woodland (Marines). They will be replaced by two patterns, the woodland/urban one and the new arid one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Looks good. Reminds me of a more spaced out PLA Type 07. Bout time that they got rid of DPM too, having a unique camouflage and uniform is important for representation IMO.
Whoa, Type 07 is very much different from this. Not only is Type 07 digital, it also features much bigger surfaces of one colour, compared to this new camo. I would much rather compare it with Finnish M/05 cold weather camouflage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCI View Post
I don't like it, it reminds me of the German Flecktarn camo
Whats wrong with German Flecktarn? It's more effective than the DPM that we've been using for 20 years now, but it was rejected because it was too German.

Quote:
Would have preffered MultiCam or even MARPAT / ACUPAT. Probably too expensive due to the defence budget cuts....
Multicam is too bright for our environment, I've seen it, it's very sandy coloured. Works great in A'stan, but in Holland, I doubt it. MARPAT would probably be too expensive, but it would also mean we're not using something of ourselves, which plays an important role, too. And ACUPAT, come on....
Last edited by MonkeySoldier; 2011-07-12 at 18:17..
Old 2011-07-12, 23:00   #6
MCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post

Whats wrong with German Flecktarn? It's more effective than the DPM that we've been using for 20 years now, but it was rejected because it was too German.

Multicam is too bright for our environment, I've seen it, it's very sandy coloured. Works great in A'stan, but in Holland, I doubt it. MARPAT would probably be too expensive, but it would also mean we're not using something of ourselves, which plays an important role, too. And ACUPAT, come on....
Why is it so important to use a camoflage product produced by ourselves while we can buy it from one of our allies? And do you actually think they are actually going to need these patterns on Dutch soil? cmon...

Anyways there is only a small chance that there will be any major deployments after Uruzgan. From now on there will be just these small contributions to NATO missions such as the Kunduz 'Police' mission, guarding Libian airspace and patrolling the Gulf of Aden.

So all the whole modernising the army procces is nice and all but unfortunately it will never become what it once was.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:06   #7
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Why is it so important to use a camoflage product produced by ourselves while we can buy it from one of our allies? And do you actually think they are actually going to need these patterns on Dutch soil? cmon...
Nope, I think it's more meant towards (small) peacekeeping missions, which means you'll be around a lot in (semi) urban environments.

Quote:
Anyways there is only a small chance that there will be any major deployments after Uruzgan. From now on there will be just these small contributions to NATO missions such as the Kunduz 'Police' mission, guarding Libian airspace and patrolling the Gulf of Aden.

So all the whole modernising the army procces is nice and all but unfortunately it will never become what it once was.
Unfortunately, yeah.
Old 2011-07-13, 07:37   #8
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hmm this is new to me, I did heard they were researching on MultiCam , I will ask around.

Old 2011-07-13, 09:40   #9
MonkeySoldier

Multicam was deemed too expensive to issue to the whole army.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Glimmerman; 2011-07-13 at 10:02..
Old 2011-07-13, 10:02   #10
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
Multicam was deemed too expensive to issue to the whole army.
Do you have a source for this?

Tags
camo