project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-07-15, 07:19   #1
JESTERofDEMISE

Exclamation Offensive and defensive tips.

Hello mates, I am asking all of you who are viewing this thread to share some of your offensive/defensive tips when in the grasp of the enemy. Often, I feel like I am always easily killed, and occasionally from behind. I can't help when I freak-out when enemy shots are fired, and when I'm hit, I run for the nearest garbage container or any other piece of cover within the vicinity. Most of you, are the guys that are pwning me, and I am asking you guys specifically for help (I'm obviously a newbie). Any combat/firefight tips would be helpful. Anyways, you guys have got to be the nicest game forum community there is, and the most dedicated.

- Love to you all.
JESTERofDEMISE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 07:28   #2
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Offensive and defensive tips.

Patience, patience, patience and more patience.

Make sure you're in a position where you can cover all the places the enemies might engage you from.

If you cannot kill it, leave it alone or it will kill you.

Know when to attack, and when not to. If your squad has been wiped and you're the only one left you should never go offensive unless you have to. If there's only one enemy left, and you have your whole squad behind backing you up it's okay to go offensive.

A bit more of patience.
Last edited by saXoni; 2013-07-16 at 08:16..
Old 2013-07-15, 08:47   #3
Ron-Schultz

Move in a squad and cover that direction, noone else does. Follow orders of SL instantly(e.g. follow me means: FOLLOW YOUR SL, not "wait i ll patch myself up and engage that enemy over there and then i ll try to follow my sl) and last but not least be quick when an enemy appears in front of your weapon.
Ron-Schultz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:06   #4
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Read some Sun Tzu

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:26   #5
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

Shoot till dead. Has worked for me for years.
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 07:38   #6
viirusiiseli
Banned

For defense, set up in a place you know you can defend from anything the enemy might have and you wont be killed as long as you cover the entrances.

For offense, what I like to do is poke the enemy a bit to get them to attack you so you can defend while you attack :P This is useful mostly if you're attacking a force larger than yours. For times when that doesn't work, flank and grenade. Most defensive squads crumble really fast once you get 1-2 dead/bleeding. Just gotta finish them fast once you get the first ones. Though for different maps you always need different tactics. Attacking doesn't always work.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 2013-07-16 at 07:48..
Old 2013-07-16, 08:10   #7
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Patience, patience, patience and more patience.
+1 This. Too many people are too eager to charge towards the shooting. Take it slow and keep your eyes open. Look at rooftops, doorways, windows, whatever. Don't just move from point A to B. Move cover to cover if you can. Avoid open streets unless you're sprinting across it.
Darman1138 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 23:04   #8
Chaosfox_[434th]

Mortars When used properly mortars are a great offensive or defensive weapon

Offensively they can be used to soften up a target before moving in on it. Defensively you can use them to halt the enemies advance on your position. It is just a matter of knowing where to have the rounds placed to achieve the desired effect.
Chaosfox_[434th] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 02:33   #9
40mmrain
Supporting Member

here's a tip

vague tips on a forum are worthless, if you want to improve; play with better players, watch better players play, and play more.
Last edited by 40mmrain; 2013-07-17 at 02:40..
Old 2013-07-17, 05:22   #10
stug41

Other than tips on trivial things I doubt one could find something of value here. Anyone who thinks they can boil down even a scale as small as tactics in to a few sentences is failing to acknowledge that every engagement is unpredictable and contains the unreliable and random human element. Worry not about trying to find one-size-fits-all solutions; play the game and learn from experience, approach every situation with the understanding that you don't have all the information to make the right move, but neither does the enemy.
stug41 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
defensive, offensive, tips