project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Tasks
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Tasks Want to help? Find tasks needing to be completed here.

Old 2014-03-03, 20:20   #1
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Talking Syrian Conflict - Community Tasks

Hi guys, just like some similar threads around here I will use this thread to coordinate the tasks left to do to finish the Syrian Conflict Factions. Since the Syrian Rebels are done only a few things are left to do to finish the Army faction as well.

Anyone is welcome to have a go at these tasks, even beginners. I can tell you that it's a lot of fun to learn a new skill So if you have some time and interest don't wait any longer Not all work left to be done is listed here. For all I point you to our design plan.

Post in this thread or contact me threw PM if you are interested or want to have some more information. I can offer guidance,references & source files where needed.

Difficult tasks

T-55 LODs and Remake
The model came to us without LODS and some other minor issues. And unfortunately no original max files were available. This means that the model has to be imported threw the existing BF2 mesh files which comes with some problems. For a tank the biggest problem is that the entire tracks has to be re-made and rigged from scratch.
This tasks holds remaking the tracks, making sufficiently optimized LODS and remake a wreck model and LOD for it. It also requires a re-export which is not easy for BF2.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2014-08-07 at 16:50..
Old 2020-03-11, 12:49   #2
Zire
Default Re: Syrian Conflict - Community Tasks

Was this one made?
Old 2020-03-11, 15:07   #3
Wicca
Supporting Member

Default Re: Syrian Conflict - Community Tasks

Yeah Mineral pretty much did all of it <3

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is online now Reply With Quote

Tags