project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2012-09-01, 00:42   #1
AxeeLSkyHawK
Default Some suggestions

Hi all!

Well here I leave some suggestions for PR: F.

Well not much about the British in the Falklands, but could get in some of these skin kits :

--------------------

The A-4 Skyhawk, to change 3 bombs into the part of below, instead of 2 into the wings and 1 below :

to

---------------------

-------------------------

The Air-to-air missiles (AA), to do more realistic Those of the PR are too rapid, are not seen almost and turn very rapidly.

(VIEW 8:16 to 8:30 )
( AIM-9 Sidewinder against a Dagger. )

---------------------------

I know it's a beta and they have a lot of work, are only suggestions

PS: They'll be the Super Etendard and Pucara in the next beta?

Sorry for my english , im from Argentina
Last edited by AxeeLSkyHawK; 2012-09-01 at 05:07.. Reason: Suggetion sucks :P
Old 2012-09-01, 09:05   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Some suggestions

1. The old brit player models had some pretty big issues with kit geoms so they won't be seeing a return, although yes they are closer to the 1982 kit, what we really need in the long term is some new kit geoms being made for the newer players rather than going back to the old.

2. The A-4 in the Falklands had a few different common bomb load-outs it took into the Falklands.

While yes, your suggested load-out is in there, with 3x 500lb bombs on the central pylon, my research suggests that the most common load was actually the 1x 1000lb bomb, which makes sense as its the least overall weight and drag, extending range which was very important for these sorties as the A-4s where significantly stretched in there range and had to rely on tankers in order to make it two and from the Falklands.

I don't have that many refs of bombs on the A-4 but certainly the 2nd most common out of my refs is the bombs being loaded on the outer wing pylons as well as the inner as I have them ingame.

The bombs being on the outer pylons also gives a much better extended bombing area width wise, which if you release all three bombs together you have more chance of hitting them width wise, with a much bigger explosion rather than 3 bombs dropping in the same place, you have three bombs dropping side by side. Of course to do an accurate bomb with one bomb, takes a bit more skill when your dropping the outer bombs since you've got to compensate a little for it being on the wing, but not a lot
Also its worth noting the A-4 will be the best bomber ingame, as the two 1000lb bombs on the Dagger have been replaced with two 500lb bombs, as the Dagger was quite over powered all round, with the biggest bomb load, a 30mm cannon and 2x AA missiles, it could do anything it liked and inflict the most potential damage to any ground target in one sortie. Now the A-4 is the best bomber with three 500lb bombs and a 20mm cannon, but no AA missiles so it shouldn't go looking too much for a fight with the harriers, although it can turn just as well as the harriers so in a gun on guns, its pretty evenly matched, but it can't outrun a harrier it should be noted, very slightly slower than one.

The three bombs like this is also a nice little difference between the US, Vietnam one which may be a little like this when it comes into PR:V
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...etnam_1966.jpg

3. The AA missiles need to turn as much as they do in order for them to compensate for the lag etc ingame. If they turned any slower they would miss the target without the target dropping any flares and just doing a hard turn

Cheers

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 16:31   #3
AxeeLSkyHawK

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
1. The old brit player models had some pretty big issues with kit geoms so they won't be seeing a return, although yes they are closer to the 1982 kit, what we really need in the long term is some new kit geoms being made for the newer players rather than going back to the old.

2. The A-4 in the Falklands had a few different common bomb load-outs it took into the Falklands.

While yes, your suggested load-out is in there, with 3x 500lb bombs on the central pylon, my research suggests that the most common load was actually the 1x 1000lb bomb, which makes sense as its the least overall weight and drag, extending range which was very important for these sorties as the A-4s where significantly stretched in there range and had to rely on tankers in order to make it two and from the Falklands.

I don't have that many refs of bombs on the A-4 but certainly the 2nd most common out of my refs is the bombs being loaded on the outer wing pylons as well as the inner as I have them ingame.

The bombs being on the outer pylons also gives a much better extended bombing area width wise, which if you release all three bombs together you have more chance of hitting them width wise, with a much bigger explosion rather than 3 bombs dropping in the same place, you have three bombs dropping side by side. Of course to do an accurate bomb with one bomb, takes a bit more skill when your dropping the outer bombs since you've got to compensate a little for it being on the wing, but not a lot
Also its worth noting the A-4 will be the best bomber ingame, as the two 1000lb bombs on the Dagger have been replaced with two 500lb bombs, as the Dagger was quite over powered all round, with the biggest bomb load, a 30mm cannon and 2x AA missiles, it could do anything it liked and inflict the most potential damage to any ground target in one sortie. Now the A-4 is the best bomber with three 500lb bombs and a 20mm cannon, but no AA missiles so it shouldn't go looking too much for a fight with the harriers, although it can turn just as well as the harriers so in a gun on guns, its pretty evenly matched, but it can't outrun a harrier it should be noted, very slightly slower than one.

The three bombs like this is also a nice little difference between the US, Vietnam one which may be a little like this when it comes into PR:V
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...etnam_1966.jpg

3. The AA missiles need to turn as much as they do in order for them to compensate for the lag etc ingame. If they turned any slower they would miss the target without the target dropping any flares and just doing a hard turn

Cheers

True ... the A-4Q used the bombs down.

there will be any changes on the cockpit?

I know my suggestions are ugly, but hey .. it's something

Saludos !
Last edited by AxeeLSkyHawK; 2012-09-01 at 16:37..
Old 2012-09-01, 17:56   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

why do you keep on using refs from Thunder Works?

There a plenty of much better and more accurate refs of real A-4 cockpits
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=A-...MqKM0wXdqoH4Dw

As for the question, not in the short run, but hopefully in the long run someone from the community might make a new cockpit, even better would be a brand new A-4 model since the current one is pretty low detail.

Old 2012-09-01, 18:19   #5
AxeeLSkyHawK

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
why do you keep on using refs from Thunder Works?

There a plenty of much better and more accurate refs of real A-4 cockpits
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=A-...MqKM0wXdqoH4Dw

As for the question, not in the short run, but hopefully in the long run someone from the community might make a new cockpit, even better would be a brand new A-4 model since the current one is pretty low detail.

Haha I wanted to put something more like a game.
AxeeLSkyHawK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 18:28   #6
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

BTW you should read the forum rules about sig sizes etc, Section 3: Project Reality Forums - Forum Rules

Quote:
4. One forum signature no larger than 550x200 pixels. This size of forum signature must not include any text.

Tags
suggestions