project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2011-12-06, 10:22   #1
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Post Ticketcount

The 128-layer (32-layer is a copy of that) has bleed for US and 5 frontline flags.
The 64-player layer doesn't have bleed for the US and only 3 frontlines flags.

On both layers, the Germans get 1100 tickets, the US get 1500.

Tell us your experience with the ticketcount. Does it need to be changed? More or less tickets? Etc.

Old 2011-12-06, 10:32   #2
Pvt.LHeureux
-
Default Re: Ticketcount

US win too often with about 300 - 700 tickets more each time. I think the US tickets could be reduced to 1300.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:31   #3
Stockypotty

Defo need to reduce the USA tickets. Or change the bleed system so that USA stops bleeding tickets when they cap two flags instead of one
Old 2011-12-06, 17:35   #4
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Had a pretty balanced round yesterday and US were not able to cap the most western flag.
But they still won with >200 tickets.

200 tickets advantage should really be enough.

Old 2011-12-06, 18:54   #5
Kevokpo

I played a about 20 rounds on the US team and i could never end a single round, because of the crashes or because we won. every time we won we had between 300 or 400 tickets. I dont think it was a fact of the opposing team, as they always catpured two flags in the middle of the map and we only one. In my opinion the German team needs a little more tickets.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:32   #6
KaizerSosa81

US tickets need to be reduced.

I played a two and a half hour game the other day where we successfully repelled each and every Allied attack from the beach while delivering massive losses only for them to eventually win.
Old 2011-12-06, 22:41   #7
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockypotty View Post
Defo need to reduce the USA tickets. Or change the bleed system so that USA stops bleeding tickets when they cap two flags instead of one
I think this would work best. Rather than simply lowering the ticket count, just make the U.S have to capture the majority of the coastal flags before the bleed stops.

So for the 64-player layer, the U.S. would have to capture two flags, and for the 128-player layer, the U.S. would have to capture three flags.

I think that would be better than trying to fiddle with the ticket amount until hitting the sweet spot. Doing so should also make for shorter rounds if the U.S. is unable to get a foothold on land.
Old 2011-12-07, 00:20   #8
doggreen

Reduced by 200 I think this great idea!

Following the procedures already defined and published in PR and I believe they are the same for the PN we have the following, please if I'm wrong correct me

German loss of the beach flags 03 = 3 x 30 = 90 tickets
Soldiers wounded at least 1 time = 1 x 32 = 32 tickets
Soldiers killed and wounded at least 1 time = 1 x 32 tickets

In other words, the Germans lost 154 tickets and 946 tickets are left to them or 14% of total tickets to continue defending the other flags of the game.

If Americans lower their tickets for 1300 and apply the same 14% loss (wounded / died / lost assets) they may have during the attack will remain 1,118 tickets which still gives them an advantage of 18% over the Germans. I believe that will further sharpen the matches and who have more teamwork is sure to win the round.

Under current conditions 1500 x 1100 even with the advantage American losses during the beach landing it stays still higher than 36% this represents 545 tickets, so we always end the game with high score always in favor of Americans.
Old 2011-12-09, 16:32   #9
Wadziu

Add bleed for US, few days ago, as Wehrmacht we were holding Dog Objective ( East Point and Fox lost, about 2 hours after start) on the beach for about 4/5 hours, annihilating all US beach landings and we still lost 0-200, is it even possible for Wehrmacht to win?
Old 2011-12-09, 16:38   #10
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

US: 1300 tickets
German: 1100 tickets

On the 64p layer, the one with 3 frontline flags, there is no bleed for the US.
On the 128p layer (same as 32p), the one with 5 frontline flags, there is bleed for the US, until they cap 1 flag.

The beachlandings can be very very rough for the US. Germans almost always get pushed back a lot, but I have seen them win many times. All depends how well both teams are organized and how quick the US manage to take the frontline flags.

The next serverupdate will have bleed removed from the Craters/Oasis/Cornfields flags, so you can't bleed out the Germans anymore by simply holding those flags.

We could add bleed to the 64p layer as well. Same story as the 128p layer. Whatever you want.

Tags
ticketcount