project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2020-04-23, 20:51   #1
GwGv2

Exclamation PRISM Problem (?)

Hello, I'm master admin from brazilian servers, and since I started using the PRISM tool, I've noticed something pretty weird going on with it...

I searched the whole forum but couldn't find anything related and I don't know if this is known by the DEVS or not.

So...Once my PRISM crashes, I close it but its instance still rolling on background, and charging the RAM 1mb per second...Here are some screenshots:

*200 ~ 250mb of RAM as it normal*

Notice that PRISM was in the background, but it was freezed for some reason, so I decided to close it. (not finishing the process, just closing it.)

I've noticed that it increased the amount of memory consumed by 50mb in the first minute.

After like 5 minutes with PRISM closed and its instance in the background, I've got almost 300mb more than usual.

*1GB of memory consumed*

This after +/- 10mins observing it.

The other day my pc was really slow with a lot of stutter and freezes, and when I checked the Task Manager, there was 2 instances of PRISM consuming 14,9GB of RAM. (I have 16GB)
GwGv2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 21:55   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: PRISM Problem (?)

Does it happen a lot? We really don't want to touch prism and break it more
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 23:22   #3
GwGv2

As far as I know, everytime that PRISM freezes and you close it, the same thing will happen...PRISM users will just need to be aware of it...idk if it can be a problem and damage hardware, but since its stressing the RAM at its maximum, could be a possibility.
Old 2020-04-24, 09:02   #4
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
Supporting Member

Next time it happens, Task manager -> prism -> create dump file
Old 2020-04-29, 12:50   #5
JP_Brctba

this happens to me a lot as well, not only when it happens I usually need to fix my data.zip after it. it usually happened when the PRISM crashes after a !Runnext given by an admin active inside the server, I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence. I'll talk to gw and since he is already on my admin staff so we can test it and try to recreate the scenario and we will send you the dump files. hopefully this afternoon.
Last edited by JP_Brctba; 2020-04-29 at 12:53.. Reason: grammar
Old 2020-04-29, 13:26   #6
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
Supporting Member

No dump = No fix
Old 2020-04-29, 13:53   #7
GwGv2

So, I didn't got time or managed to get PRISM to crash the last few days until now...As JP said over there, yes, the crash came after he executed !runnext inside the server while I was outside, using PRISM...although, he did it while in the briefing time but, afaik, I got those crashes before in a normal game, a normal !runnext in the middle of the match and not in the briefing time...

Here is the dump file you requested:

https://we.tl/t-PfI3LDCd06

Tags
bug, memory, prism, problem, ram