project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Which next generation console?
Sony: Playstation 3 16 72.73%
Microsoft: X-Box 360 4 18.18%
Nintendo: Revolution 0 0%
None of the Above 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-05-18, 21:37   #1
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Which 'Next Gen.' Console are you getting?

Alright so I know we're all PC (and yes some Mac) lovers, with our high-end rigs and their 256mb video cards :P. But honestly, the consoles are really heating things up at E3 this year (for a time I believe they may equal PC power, until of course the next gen CPUs/vid cards come out ). My question to you is, which next generation console are you planning on getting once they are all on the market? Also state if you have a preference over one console or another (if you already have one of the older models); Why you'd pick one next gen over another...

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun...war/index.html

Sony: Playstation 3

Microsoft: X-Box 360

Nintendo: Revolution

*Images courtesy of CNN.com

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
Old 2005-05-18, 22:04   #2
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm going to have to say that the even though I find the new PS3 controllers to be a bit outrageous I think that hardware wise it is going to blow the socks off the other rival systems. I think its really slick that you can (if you have a PSP) use it to connect wirelessly to the PS3 and use the PSP as both a controller and a seperate screen. Along with the PS3's support for up to 7 players on wireless controllers (standard), its going to be insane. Although I'm having a hard time seeing 7 people playing an FPS on the PS3 (wit one TV) unless of course you utilize its ability to hook up to two HDTVs (or if 3 of the players using PSP screens on one TV :P Still PS3 gets my vote, sorry X-box, I like Halo, but Sony gets my money. Oh yeah and Nintendo....good luck with the Revolution, sadly my loyalty shifted after the N64 went out of fashion

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
Old 2005-05-18, 22:35   #3
Warrior

X-Box 360 all the way, especially now that Halo 3 is Scheduled for Launch for the X-Box 360 Sring of 06' now, A.K.A. " The PS3 Killer " .
Old 2005-05-18, 22:42   #4
solodude23

The PS3 is looking alot better than the 360 so far in the features, but im probably going to get 360 just for Halo 3.
Old 2005-05-19, 05:24   #5
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

PS3 -- no doubt about it.
Old 2005-05-19, 05:50   #6
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, I mean come on

Old 2005-05-19, 07:01   #7
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

And hopefully some new Tenchu games.
Old 2005-05-19, 07:25   #8
GABBA

Damm. they look so advanced. but i would have too keep on going with the ps saga, i mean i have all the ps2 games , i dont want too waste them.
Old 2005-05-19, 15:51   #9
[TW]Fox

well i won't be buying any for a year or 3 till i can afford it LOL.

but PS3 performance and sony past xperiences+ plain old Ps1 since 95 thing, and the better games damm GT5 is gonna b HOT.
but the nintiendo thing does look damm nice and its soooooooooo compact and will probably be cheaper and is between the XboX360+PS3 in performance so it depends on price and 2nd gen of releases
Old 2005-05-19, 15:52   #10
ArchEnemy
Retired PR Developer

PS3, same reasons as Requiem: GT5 and MGS4.

http://www.ign.com/e3/2005/videos/

You should watch those tech demos, quite amazing.

Retired PR Lead Coder

Tags
console, gen