project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-12-30, 19:55   #1
tankninja1

Default Backwards Left/Right Sounds

Noticed this problem at first with my headphones. Sounds from the left were coming from the right headphone. I thought it was a problem with my headphones until I got a new pair of computer speakers and had the same problem. Using the standard PC sound adjuster I found what was left and right speakers should be then went into game to see what happens and sure enough the sounds (left and right) were backwards. The solution was to switch speakers but then I have to change the speakers back and forth every time I change games it also messes up mumble because mumble sounds are now reversed. I spent a half hour in the PR launchers options looking for something to switch sounds but I couldn't find it.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 22:27   #2
Natuk
Default Re: Backwards Left/Right Sounds

Just switch your speakers around when you play PR? Could that work? :P
Natuk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 22:34   #3
risegold8929

Possibly the sound originating from the location where you stepped earlier (to the right when walking left) thus the effect will play to the right of your position due to a small delay?

I dunno, just guessing
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 00:29   #4
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Did you disable EAX in PR options (in the launcher) ?

I actually disabled it yesterday to see if it could help performances (I believe I read it somewhere so I decided to give it a try), and I didnt notice anything wrong with the sound overall. However Im pretty sure I remember a moment (or two) when I heard a friendly weapon firing behind me very close on the right, which wasnt actually there when I turned around. It might have been on the other side but I think I was focusing on something else so I didnt look for the weapon's owner. I'll try to test it later, but tell me if you did anything with EAX.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 04:01   #5
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natuk View Post
Just switch your speakers around when you play PR? Could that work? :P
Well that does work but then mumble local voices are backwards, confusing if you are the medic all the time and always look the wrong way to heal people.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 05:30   #6
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

In audio options it has a hardware and software option, which one do i use?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 04:09   #7
risegold8929

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaB View Post
Did you disable EAX in PR options (in the launcher) ?

I heard a friendly weapon firing behind me very close on the right, which wasnt actually there when I turned around. It might have been on the other side but I think I was focusing on something else so I didnt look for the weapon's owner. did anything with EAX.
Nope, just that without EAX you can hear sounds a million miles away.

E.g. I usually can't hear a scimmy 1KM away on Al Basrah with EAX enabled, but with EAX disabled, I could hear it loud and clear @ 1KM and it sounded as if it was just 100M away.

Therefore your friendly was probs ages away from you but no EAX made it sound near
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 10:33   #8
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Oh ok ! Thx a lot for the heads up

KaB is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
backwards, left or right, sounds