project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-12-17, 19:26   #1
SHADOWNET
Lightbulb Project Reality AI Enhancement Project (WIP, need help)

Hello there, PR devs and everyone else.

I really need help with my AI commander enhancement project using ESAI strategies. Well, I must honestly say, I'm not very happy with the ai in this game, they're slow(even when there's a vehicle IN FRONT of them ready to take them wherever), don't work in teams(medic just passes me by), and so on. But, I'm trying my best to FIX this starting mainly with the COMMANDER AI, I had a "peek" at these esai files, and I made my own strategy set, *see attachment please*. I basically merged the huge map, large pf fca pb, and air attack ground strategies to the original file. So, what's the problem, well, for starters, CERTAIN coop maps WILL crash when you press the ready button (Because there is no AI STRATEGIES file in the server.zip/gamemodes/gpm_coop/xx/ai folder, xx being the layer number). SOME maps have that, but NOT all the strategies *I* want are being used by said map. Now, I could go and fix the maps which don't have my strategies and/or I can add the strategies.ai file to EACH and every freaking map, but this is time consuming and I'm still trying to find another way to make these enhancements 100% working. My AI commander enhancement project using ESAI strategies is not some kind of magic bullet that will instantly SOLVE all the ai problems, but if implemented properly, it should help. I also play with/against 63 bots @ 100 difficulty, so heh, my kd goes down the drain, but it's brutal. After using my strategies file, I've NOTICED the "aggressiveness"(if that's the right word to use) of the bots has increased (on a map like Beirut coop 64/STD), the Russian bots are now more aggressive and w/e. Of course, as I mentioned above, some maps (because they are missing that strategy file) will CRASH the moment I press the ready button (maps like Goose Green coop 64/STD). Right now, what I NEED is people who can HELP me enhance the overall ai in PR starting with the commander AI. I need testers, experts in coop, opinions, suggestions, criticism, feedback and all that other stuff, and mainly, I need HELP from the DEVELOPERS, maybe they can add this enhanced strategy file of mine to all the maps in the coming updates (I could do it, but the next update won't install cuz the files won't be matching or w/e), it's also preferable if the awesome PR devs themselves do it with MY help of course.

If all maps have this strategy file, the OVERALL ai commander/bot behavior is improved, then we can move onto improving specific behavior of bots. My plans are basically-

1. for bots to use vehicles more often rather than walking to the obj when a damn vehicle is available.
2. MORE kits for bots (I already have an untested way of making this possible, heh heh).
3. for bots to stay true to their ROLE (ie medic should be healing ppl, reviving, etc)
4. make coop (especially solo coop) more uh.....realistic and uh intense!
5. make bots use the COMMO rose more often and more efficiently.
6. and whatever else you or me can think of and/or suggest!

Together, let us #MakePRCOOPGreatAgain! #MakePRAIGreatAgain! PR 1.4.5.0 can and hopefully WILL be awesome, especially for us COOP players!

If there's anything which I did not mention or clarify or w/e, please lemme know. Thanks and goodbye, friends!

ps- yes, I took backups of the original files which I modified upon, so don't worry, developers
Attached Files
File Type: zip aidefaultstrategiesadd.zip (415 Bytes, 148 views)
SHADOWNET is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-24, 03:52   #2
Hakam
Default Re: Project Reality AI Enhancement Project (WIP, need help)

I'll be your tester, me and my friends always play coop in our dorm
Hakam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 00:42   #3
Valmont

SHADOWNET, any progress on this?

Fastjack, you where also looking at improving the Ai strategies. How did that turn out? Also you were trying to make a Custom Ai for the Civilians... you can make custom ai behaviors on a "per class" basic, so you can have Ai that spawn as civies do not shoot, almost do not move or move so slow that they mostly remain on safe places and also make them avoid danger as much as possible.

I am also looking into making new strategies for each map but my plan is to make a realistic Ai that plays like their armies would behave in real life and not like a typical PR round. It is an Ai that would not blindly charge the nearest flag but slowly secure locations, patrol and be more defensive like "In real life".

I will make this new AI for the ALT maps that feature a defensive faction (starts with all flags capped) as Ai and an attacking faction (played by humans) as the offensive force.
Valmont is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 14:56   #4
Jabil_One
Banned

Quote:
Fastjack, you where also looking at improving the Ai strategies. How did that turn out?
Houston, we have a problem.

The Devs MUST first drop many ( ALL!!) object.ai's template temperature values of this MOD before you can start to think about getting ESAI 100% functional.
I really suggest to turn the values back to BF2nilla or take a look on AIX's temperature values. Keep them in a easy calculateable value. Other important things can be controlled with the StrategicStrength values and Extra Strategies goddies like TTN's and CST's.
Quote:
TTN means "Temperature TreeNode" (found in AIDLL_r.dll)
CST means "Combat Strength Type" (found in AIDLL_r.dll)
The ProtectBase Strategy works only when you add the ObjectTypeFlag Base to the StrategicArea.
Excample of a standard mainbase.
Quote:
aiStrategicArea.setActive idf_base
aiStrategicArea.addObjectTypeFlag ControlPoint
AIStrategicArea.setOrderPosition Infantry 413.204/22/458.424
AIStrategicArea.setOrderPosition Vehicle 438.514/22/429.733
aiStrategicArea.setSide 0
aiStrategicArea.vehicleSearchRadius 70
That's what we currently calling mainbase but for the SAI is it only a Controlpoint.

Here an Excample of a mainbase that is marked for the SAI as BASE.

Quote:
aiStrategicArea.setActive idf_base
aiStrategicArea.addObjectTypeFlag ControlPoint
aiStrategicArea.addObjectTypeFlag Base
AIStrategicArea.setOrderPosition Infantry 413.204/22/458.424
AIStrategicArea.setOrderPosition Vehicle 438.514/22/429.733
aiStrategicArea.vehicleSearchRadius 70
Here, the the SAI will use both multipliers/modifiers for ControlPoint (x2 hardcodded value) and for the Base (i believe not sure you can set the modifier for Bases in the Strategy).

Using Strategy plugins like ProtectBase only works when you anchor the base STATEMENT in the StrategicAreas.ai to the StrategicArea.

You could also add a ObjectTypeFlag to non-controlpoint related StrategicAreas.
With OTF's you can make other areas important for the ai that isn't a flag for excample a bridge that is the only way to the flag. Bots will fight about this place.
Quote:
aiStrategicArea.setActive cachezone_10
aiStrategicArea.addObjectTypeFlag Bridge
AIStrategicArea.addNeighbour cachezone_09
AIStrategicArea.addNeighbour cachezone_06
AIStrategicArea.addNeighbour cachezone_12
AIStrategicArea.addNeighbour cachezone_16
AIStrategicArea.setOrderPosition Infantry -167.68/18.885/-67.6797
AIStrategicArea.setOrderPosition Vehicle -143.253/25/-111.862
aiStrategicArea.setTakeable 1 1 (works)
aiStrategicArea.setTakeable 2 1 (works)
aiStrategicArea.vehicleSearchRadius 25
Also, extra non-controlpoint SA's manipulate the bot movement. There is a noticeable difference when the bots running from one flag to the next flag or when they running from one flag to a non flag SA and than to the next flag.
You can use those SA'S as ROUTER but than you have to thinkabout the right values for the controlpoint temperatures and MapStrategies because of the flagcaptureorder (who wants that the bots hanging around in a capzone but the flag is locked).
And DONT use aiStrategy.Aggression 1. The 1 make the bots stupid and this is the reason why they IGNORING enemies. Use value like 0.97

Here, you can read it.
Help with Conditions/Prerequisites/Strategies - Battlefield SinglePlayer Forum
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 09:41   #5
SHADOWNET

hey, regarding this project, YES, I made significant progress and vastly improved ai behaviour, BUT, no one was responding, I got fed up/bored with pr, so I deleted the ai mod and abandoned the whole damned thing.

I MIGHT get back into pr when the 1.5 patch or w/e comes out, but I highly doubt............

I'm sorry if I let anyone down, IF I had some incentive, I COULD recreate my ai mod, but we'll see......

goodbye and sorry for the late replies.
Old 2017-10-03, 09:42   #6
SHADOWNET

DON'T download the attachment, it's outdated and will cause ctd!!!!
Old 2021-04-09, 08:03   #7
Operator_Max1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWNET View Post
DON'T download the attachment, it's outdated and will cause ctd!!!!
oh damn really ?
i know i'm 4 years late and necroing but still

also during the assault on grozny map

there was no AT bot (also in a IDF vs MEC map i was facing a APC and there was one IDF AT unit however he was looking at the wall instead of trying to blow up the MEC APC)

so i had to stop playing as a Rifleman and started being a AT unit

i wish the AI was more fleshed out atleast
more competent at using their kits
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 12:25   #8
raylj21

is anyone have a mod for smarter ai..i really need it
raylj21 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bots, enhancement, project, reality, wip