project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-07-11, 10:49   #1
[R-CON]​Avram
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default PRstats site idea

I'm playing with PHP a little bit and I've made a small (web) application which parses PRSpy data and stores it in the database. It extracts server data (name, ip, description, current map, current teams and their scores/kills/deaths, total scores/kills/deaths over time) as well as player data (clan*, name, current game score/kills/deaths, total score/kills/deaths over time).

The idea is to make a website which will display currently populated servers (much like prspy), but also some server stats and player/clan stats. Each server/player/clan would have it's own page on the site with all data available. I could even make dynamic forum signatures (dynamically generated images for each player with their own stats), but that's just an idea. I know it's not much data so it wouldn't be something extraordinary but I guess it could be interesting.

* The clans are stored in a separate table in the database and each user is added to a clan (if he/she has clan tag in the name), so I can easily list clans/clan members and clan data (just combine the data of clan members).

I would like to hear what do you guys think about this idea? Is it worth spending time on building such website? Would you use the site? I would also like to hear from PR devs if it's okay to make this because it would pull the data from PRSpy like every minute in order to have as much precise data as we can.

Here's two screenshot, one is cmd line tool which imports the data (would be run on my server) and other is couple of guys from my (SEX_YU) clan displayed in the database
Attached Thumbnails
sexyu-db.png  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prstats-import.jpg (50.1 KB, 37 views)
Last edited by Avram; 2016-07-11 at 11:51..
Old 2016-07-11, 11:41   #2
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: PRstats site idea

PRSPY can only display the data of the first 64p on a given server, plus if I'm not mistaken PRSpy rarely has the correct information in the end if the game, ie all kills and points gained between the last query and the end-screen will not be update via PRSPY.

Regarding the metrics, you would only be able to retrieve kills/deaths, points and play time which in my opinion are not worth it.

Instead I would ask the Server administrators if they would be interested in a super efficient super stable script that would run server side and would gather way cooler information.
That plus a cool front end would make this interesting, even if it doest really matter like K/D.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 11:50   #3
[R-CON]​Avram

Quote:
PRSPY can only display the data of the first 64p on a given server
Damn, I never counted the
Code:
Data[n].Players
array, but it seems you are correct. Just tested and none of them shows more than 64 players. Meh

Quote:
Instead I would ask the Server administrators if they would be interested in a super efficient super stable script that would run server side and would gather way cooler information. That plus a cool front end would always be interesting, even if it doest really matter like K/D.
Well, I worked with what I had (PRSpy data feed), but something like that would be awesome! I might even help on the PHP side (front end app), if actually making a server script like that is even possible :S

edit: Hey, but it seems PRSpy shows top 64 players (ordered by their score) so I say let's make it a feature you have to be in top 64 on the server in order to get registered :P
Last edited by Avram; 2016-07-11 at 12:15..
Old 2016-07-11, 12:41   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Talk to 762 guys from FH . They got it working for PR very long time ago

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 13:02   #5
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Link: Forgotten Hope 2 Awards

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 13:45   #6
Vista
PR Server License Administrator

stats.realitymod.com
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 17:43   #7
[R-CON]​Avram

So, someone is already making something similar? Do we have an ETA on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Nate. View Post
Whoa, this is some big data I don't think I could ever pull something like that myself [at least not while I have job and family] :S
Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 00:06   #8
A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Nate. View Post
Damn would be interesting to see something like that for PR.
A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 19:43   #9
[R-CON]​Avram

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Finest View Post
Damn would be interesting to see something like that for PR.
Not even remotely close to that Forgotten Hope stats page linked above but after ~6 months I finally got some time to knock together a simple front-end for the script I mentioned in the OP: www.prstats.tk

It has just started gathering data today so it will take some time to show who are really the best players out there
Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 13:26   #10
Oskar

I don't care much for stats but isn't it a little misleading when players active on CO-OP servers are also included? I tried playing coop once recently and had a massive amount of kills by just running around aimlessly with an assault rifle.
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idea, prstats, site