project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-11-17, 05:05   #1
moj
Default The SKS bayonet looks pretty stupid

Well I think so anyway. A bayonet, from what I've learnt, will seriously affect the balance of a rifle, making it less accurate. For this reason they're only generally applied, when the soldier has run out of ammunition or will be fighting at close quarters, where optimal accuracy is not required. I know the insugents like to fight up close, but I think this is just ridiculous.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.
Old 2008-11-17, 05:18   #2
[T]blackflybro88
Default Re: The SKS bayonet looks pretty stupid

well what it doesn't show the sks has a built in bayonet that folds into the gun
Old 2008-11-17, 05:21   #3
unrealalex

Of all the issues right now, the bayonet is not something I would want devs to spend time on :S
Old 2008-11-17, 05:25   #4
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Art asset limitation. No original export file to remove the bayonet from the rifle. Variety and diversity in weapon selection, even if its only aesthetic.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2008-11-17, 05:39   #5
moj

Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]blackflybro88 View Post
well what it doesn't show the sks has a built in bayonet that folds into the gun
Yeah on Chinese versions, when folded, obviously the rifle isn't as unbalanced since the weight is more centered.

I just thought I'd bring the topic up, since I thought the previous SKS was fine.
Old 2008-11-17, 06:32   #6
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by moj View Post
Yeah on Chinese versions, when folded, obviously the rifle isn't as unbalanced since the weight is more centered.

I just thought I'd bring the topic up, since I thought the previous SKS was fine.
Yugoslavian SKSs have folding bayonets too, which appears to be what is modeled in PR, as it is a blade bayonet, not a spike.

-REad
Old 2008-11-17, 07:07   #7
Fluffywuffy

Purely cosmetic.
Old 2008-11-17, 08:37   #8
Rebel-NOR

Is better to have a bayonet then a knife!! Sometimes when I'm out of amo, I rush forward with bayonet. And i love to get bayonets kill! Knife kill is like bf2.
Old 2008-11-17, 11:23   #9
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

The top is an Ak-47 and bottom is the SKS in PR. Its bayonet also folds in, but most people like the bayonet in close quarters rather then a knife.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-11-17, 18:45   #10
DeltaFart

bayonets don't necessarily affect the accuracy.
Case in point: The M1891/1930 Mosin Nagant and M1944 Rifles. They were made to have the bayonet on at all times the only times the bayonets were off was in transporting. The rifles were zeroed when the bayonet was on. Having an M91/30 myself and bayonet for it I can say with real experience, it's harder than hell to get on, and off. Had to bring a grinder to it and even then it took forever to take off enough.

Tags
bayonet, pretty, sks, stupid