project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-08-08, 11:44   #1
Death!
Supporting Member

Default FAMAS F1 recoil, bullpups ingame discussion

Is not the recoil on FAMAS higher than it should be? Sometimes I feel like I am firing a 7.62 instead a 5.56. I commented this ingame and people told me that bullpups really got a bit more of recoil than standard rifles, but we got more bullpups on the game and they don't have that horsy recoil the FAMAS currently got. CTAR-21, for example, is running pretty much like a MP5, that rifle is being THE SHIT on CQB.

BTW, L86 is weirdly one of the best guns on the game now. It is damn accurate when firing mid-range, totally the oposite from what it was at 0.98: a piece of crap.

So, about the FAMAS, anyone agree?
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 12:42   #2
Unhealed
Default Re: FAMAS F1 recoil, bullpups ingame discussion

AK74M has the same or even worse recoil which is strange to say the least becouse it fires slower than FAMAS.
I'm okay with CTAR-21 being a little bit OP(not sure if OP thou, everyone called it OP in 0.98 while it was basically m4 with different skin) since IDF doesn't get scopes. But I'm not ok with G36 being so absurdly controllable in full-auto since it has scope and BIUS.
G36 is the best rifle assault rifle right now and it should be nerfed, didn't had the chance to test British rifles properly thou, I think in 0.98 they were pretty good.
Unhealed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 12:47   #3
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

FAMAS OP. It already one of the best rifles in CQB and mid-ranges.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:26   #4
Archosaurus

The recoil is fairly easy, even if it kicks like hell. Fire one shot, then pull down to the starting point. Now practice it for 5 minutes.

Without the left right randomization, it'd be damn good.
Archosaurus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:37   #5
roiter475

Personally , I feel like a fucking pro with Famas.

Killed 4 enemies at MARLIN by myself face to face.
The burst mode on this weapon is brilliant, so damn accurate and deadly.

I think reducing the recoil will make the gun a bit OP.
roiter475 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:46   #6
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

the Famas mag dumps instantly so it feels about right for me. it jumps a lot but most of your rounds are down range by the time it swings off target.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:55   #7
fabioxxxx

hahha really ? after shooting an AK, FAMAS is Heaven , great weapon

Last edited by fabioxxxx; 2013-08-09 at 13:34..
Old 2013-08-09, 01:03   #8
saamohod

Famas's elevated recoil is due to it's rate of fire, that's all. That's why you cannot compare it to another bullpup, L86.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 14:28   #9
Death!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
Famas's elevated recoil is due to it's rate of fire, that's all. That's why you cannot compare it to another bullpup, L86.
I meant in single fire.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 15:36   #10
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
But I'm not ok with G36 being so absurdly controllable in full-auto since it has scope and BIUS.
I was going to cite the weight of the different standard issue rifles, but when I was done, I realized almost all but the Tar21 and the G36 would most likely have been weighted without the optics(the 2 mentioned have them inbuilt[not sure about the Tar21 on this]), making things quite the hassle to determinate. I know that German soldiers would often have 2 or 3 mags put together, increasing the weight to about 5.3(2) or 6.1kg(3), but I am not too sure how common it is for the other armies.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bullpups, discussion, famas, ingame, recoil