project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-07-04, 14:45   #1
Anglo_
Lightbulb New OPFOR faction for Kashan

So I was thinking that Kashan should get a new OPFOR faction to help spice the map up. I personally hate Kashan and would rather it just gets removed but I know that would never happen and I'd get castrated because everyone loves Kashan for some reason.

So perhaps add the Chinese or something to one of the layers to make things a bit more interesting? I was thinking China because they have enough assets to balance against Canada and the US, and in addition because the Chinese assets are more unique while the MEC assets are all basically just retextured Russian vehicles.

In addition when you play infantry and you inevitably just end up slugging it out in the bunkers the whole match, using the G3 it's a pain in the ass. So having an automatic assault rifle that can better match the M4 and C7 would make the bunker warfare less punishing (IMO).

In terms of what layer I don't know, what ever balances best but Alt Layer might be a good candidate as it's an interesting match up (Canada V PLA) which I think is only also seen on Shijia Valley.
Anglo_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 18:53   #2
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

Default Re: New OPFOR faction for Kashan

but G3 is perfect rifle for long range firefights of MEC

ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 21:28   #3
Anglo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismaelassassin View Post
but G3 is perfect rifle for long range firefights of MEC
Yeah but a lot of the fighting for infantry end up being shortrange/CQB in the bunkers for most of the game. And the fighting that happens on outside is usually at so far a range that both the G3 and the M4 are pretty useless. And I personally find that the G3 being more accurate is more of a placebo. I think people just take their time more with the G3 because it's got more recoil and therefore are more accurate, where with the M4 people spam it a bit more because of the low recoil. If you take the time with the M4's they are just as accurate and are clearly superior in CQB due to the low recoil and good fire rate.
Old 2023-07-05, 17:18   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Eh, sure but I don't really want to play kashan anyway

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 10:53   #5
Anglo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Eh, sure but I don't really want to play kashan anyway
So true
Old 2023-07-07, 12:25   #6
robert357

The issue with that map is not factions, weapons and vehicles but map itself. Basically every game plays the same way which is:
- rush bunkers,
- both factions builds super fobs on one side of the bunkers,
- wait for assets.

Whoever take both bunkers usually wins because they have bigger advantage. Retaking any bunker is hard and on top of that you now need protect "bleed flag". MEC also have disadvantage here because one of the flags for US is between bunkers and main, where MEC flags are in the middle of nowhere.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 17:02   #7
Anglo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
The issue with that map is not factions, weapons and vehicles but map itself. Basically every game plays the same way which is:
- rush bunkers,
- both factions builds super fobs on one side of the bunkers,
- wait for assets.

Whoever take both bunkers usually wins because they have bigger advantage. Retaking any bunker is hard and on top of that you now need protect "bleed flag". MEC also have disadvantage here because one of the flags for US is between bunkers and main, where MEC flags are in the middle of nowhere.
As I said I agree, Kashan is an awful map and I would just prefer it to be removed but for what ever reason it’s a popular map. I can’t believe maps like Archer got removed but Kashan is still around. In my 8 years of so of playing PR I can only recall enjoying about 1 round of Kashan. Nowadays I usually just quit if I see Kashans next in rotation lol.

But this is besides the point, I don’t see it going anywhere so having a change of faction may at least make it slightly more interesting. Nothing worse than loading in and seeing that you’re MEC on Kashan, you’re in for a solid hour of no fun allowed
Old 2023-07-08, 08:20   #8
puffkiller

I agree with your point of view because I also don't like this map.

If I redesign, I will modify the layout of the central bunker and add more bunkers, or build underground structures where infantry fight inside the bunker to prevent vehicle interference.

Place some trees and vegetation on the surrounding mountains, build trenches, and have more vehicle wreckage to make the vehicles more hidden.

At the same time, I don't quite understand the significance of small towns in this area. Is there really a small town that is only a few hundred meters near this military bunker?

??
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 11:35   #9
Catmouse

I dont like Kashan either, but I would not remove the map just because it is the emitome of a heavy asset map. A lot of hours went in to make PR more diverse experience, and this map is part of it.

I wonder if there could be a more assymetric AAS layout e.g. crude heavy weapons (e.g. tanks, apcs, AAV, and more APCs) against a light but support oriented (read: APC and CAS) faction, and a unidirectional, irreverseble capture progression on flags.
Catmouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 14:46   #10
Anglo_
Lightbulb Re: New OPFOR faction for Kashan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmouse View Post
I dont like Kashan either, but I would not remove the map just because it is the emitome of a heavy asset map. A lot of hours went in to make PR more diverse experience, and this map is part of it.

I wonder if there could be a more assymetric AAS layout e.g. crude heavy weapons (e.g. tanks, apcs, AAV, and more APCs) against a light but support oriented (read: APC and CAS) faction, and a unidirectional, irreverseble capture progression on flags.

I think irreversible flags sounds like a good idea but still I think it would cause problems. Taking the bunkers at the start of the round is usually easy, just fly in post up in a bunker and there you go. If one team hauls ass their quick enough they could have both bunkers as soon as the game starts. However the bunkers make it impossible to progress to the final flag, at least two squads are needed to hold both the bunkers, and then whatever squad is tasked with attacking the last flag has to cross open desert which will usually just result in them being blown up before they can get there. And for South Village, if you can take it the meta for MEC is usually just the assets line up in the hills and CAS just start dropping bombs and nuke the town.

In addition, it's quite easy to cap the bunkers back. If you can get a chopper in fast enough and get your squad in one of the bunkers then boom, after a very short period of time you have an enemy squad with potentially a FOB in a hard to attack position in a matter of about a minute. So then again more infantry has to be allocated to go take it back and it's just a back and forth between North and South bunkers

So I guess just make only one of the bunkers capable at a time? having to hold both at the same time just sponges up all the infantry and makes it near impossible to progress to the final caps, and like I said in my initial post it just becomes an endless boring cycle in the Bunker flags

Tags
faction, map or faction