project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-08-14, 10:36   #1
cabalistik
Default Add a civilian status indicator for insurgents

At the moment it is quite difficult to keep track of your civilian status when playing as an insurgent. You have to monitor the two minute timer manually and also constantly check your map/surroundings so that you don't accidentally lose your civi status by being close to non-civis. The when you do become a civilian you are never really sure if you lost your civi status or not.

It would make life a lot easier if we had a have a civilian status indicator visible somewhere on the bottom of the screen. This would significantly reduce the amount of extra information you need to keep track of and also remove the uncertainty of not knowing whether you lost your civi status or not, so that you could actually focus on playing/enjoying the game.
cabalistik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-06, 10:28   #2
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Add a civilian status indicator for insurgents

It's not that easy. The indicator would probably not update at a high rate which could be confusing. Currently some checks are made only after the civilian is killed. Doing all these calculations all the time at a high rate could be quite heavy.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 09:28   #3
Crylink

Is it possible to add a timer every time you drop a kit? So the player would see the timer count down but no message be given
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-10, 17:05   #4
labonte95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post
Is it possible to add a timer every time you drop a kit? So the player would see the timer count down but no message be given
+1 It would be nice to have an in-game timer versus having to rely on your phone or pc clock

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 15:58   #5
Vicious3o2

In reality you don't get to decide what your enemies ROE is... however yes I understand how just counting can reduce immersion. I'd say increase the time to ALOT more so people just don't do it frequently... to say... 10 minutes. That way you have a lot of play time in between if you want to just sit there and count it's going to be boring.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 11:25   #6
Grump/Gump.45

There is a timer in the squad and spawn screens, upper right hand corner. It counts down from 4 hours. Use it to know when you are a civilian, drop kit, look at clock and subtract 2 minutes. Play dead or drag people to medics. Have I given enough evidence, reasoning, logic and justification to close this case?

Less work for the DEVs. Cause they gotta work on the flamethrower tank, napalm and that might possibly lead to a backpack flamethrower kit or 2 you can pick up in main for WW2 and Vietnam maps.

Then also the civilian versus breacher shotgun, needs to be fixed so the beanbag removes stamina fully and doesn't instant arrest making breacher lone wolfing or with full squad over powered. This way we can have rock throwing human shield protests for the roadblocks in front of the cache against tanks, APCs, area attack and CAS without worrying about a lone breacher coming around the corner suddenly instant arresting and mowing everyone down unrealistically.

Unrealistic and too hard to save civilians from shotgun. It should be stamina removal plus arrest team, even a lone breacher with this power is powerful hitting multiple with a full sprint bar to arrest. This makes civilians more savable.

So that is 2 things that could greatly improve the game, giving more fun things to do and manipulate your enemy.

I use the clock sort of like a watch to reference event times to squad leaders like area attack available and charged at 3:29, when we or enemy lost an asset. I know when its coming back. I set time limits, I also know when I am a civilian I drop my kit then look at the clock, I subtract 2 minutes to know when I am ready.

I can get shot once before 2 minutes, drop patch but not enough to fully heal and wait out my 2 minutes cause I am still bleeding from that enemies shot.

ROE has nothing to do with what the timer represents. Its more of a fighter is seen, drops his weapon, hides, can pop up 2 minutes later without a weapon. If you were in Fallujah IRL, nobody would know or tell that you killed that guy, but under ROE you don't know if the fighter left and a civilian came to where he was.

Say some fighters forced their way into a families compound and shot round from a window. When the fighters move to their next location the civilian might put up a white flag in the window, showing they are willing to explain and mark their location.

But under the ROE there is no way to tell if it is in fact the same guy, you kill him they can take the weapons and gear saying it was a civilian watching the combat, which is really possibly recon.

Use the in game timer to know when you are civilian, timer counts down from 4 hours at start of match.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-09-17 at 11:50..
Old 2023-10-21, 19:50   #7
BJC1

Drop your kit and after a little while try dropping your kit again. When you can drop your kit again, your 2 minutes are up and you can martyr. Dropping it again does not reset your timer. Switching between alt civie medic and regular civie also does not reset your timer.
BJC1 is offline Reply With Quote