project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2015-01-13, 01:45   #1
paracowboy
Default Game works great but after changing headsets, I can no longer hear or talk in mumble

Everything was going great and then my Logitech wireless headphones died on me. I happen to have a Plantronics USB headset so I plugged that it, let it load the drivers, tested it and then totally lost mumble. I have audio from the game but just nothing from mumble. So far I have made sure mumble is using the new headset for in and out and have gone as far as reinstalling PR with no luck. Just loaded in again and no dice.
paracowboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 15:45   #2
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: Game works great but after changing headsets, I can no longer hear or talk in mum

Have you rebooted?
Have you set the Plantronics USB input and output as the default device in Windows?
Have you dissembled the drivers, or completely uninstalled the Logitech wireless drivers/devices?
Does the plantronics work in ANY VOIP program? i.e. ts3, skype, other ingame audio, etc?

Download and install the plantronics usb headset beta drivers windows 7,

Might want to download and install vanilla Mumble, install it, set it to WinXP SP3 compatibility, then try connecting to a server and testing.

You might need to manually change the PRMumble.exe to WinXP SP3 compatibility, but that might break things i.e. linking PRBF2.exe to PRMumble.exe

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changing, game, great, headsets, hear, longer, mumble, talk, works