project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2012-02-07, 16:45   #1
jakeabbott96
Default PC Line Joystick

Hello.

I'm trying to get a PC Line Tournament Joystick to work with Project Reality and my laptop so that I can hopefully get to fly jets and shit better than with my lousy USB mouse. However, I'm having some issues.

The first thing I tried to do when I plugged this in was register it with the Project Reality controls. This worked.. sort of. The joystick's buttons registered when I pressed them for things like shooting missiles or gaining altitude. However, moving the joystick or the thruster on it produces no results. At all. Doesn't even register that I've moved anything. For example, I'll choose to change my set button for pitching forward, move the joystick forward and be met with no results.

I'm using a Windows 7 laptop and the joystick is connected via USB. I think I am correct in saying that there are no physical hardware issues with it.

A link to the model:

PC Line Tournament Joystick | eBay

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
jakeabbott96 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 19:36   #2
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: PC Line Joystick

Found this, there's a link for a driver, maybe only for that gamepad... dunno...

DRIVER NEEDED: PC Line Tournament Pro USB Game PAd Dual (Windows XP Professional) - DriverGuide Support Forums
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 16:41   #3
jakeabbott96

Thanks.

I downloaded it, but I can't get any results. I haven't set up any profiles or anything as it says.

Also, it's confirming that the joystick is recognised.
Old 2012-02-08, 17:23   #4
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

You need to remove all falcon control references, it should then work

joystick problems with the 1.5 patch - Battlefield 2 - Support Forum - Battletracker.com

EA Forums
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 10:33   #5
jakeabbott96

Thanks. I'll check it later and post results.
Old 2012-02-09, 13:14   #6
jakeabbott96

No results. I removed them all and applied the settings, but the game still isn't picking up my joystick movement when I try to use a vehicle.
Old 2012-02-09, 13:52   #7
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeabbott96 View Post
No results. I removed them all and applied the settings, but the game still isn't picking up my joystick movement when I try to use a vehicle.
It has to be removed in entirety, from every vehicle, regardless of whether you want to use a joystick for them or not. Remove any reference to the falcon controls.
Old 2012-02-09, 18:30   #8
jakeabbott96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
It has to be removed in entirety, from every vehicle, regardless of whether you want to use a joystick for them or not. Remove any reference to the falcon controls.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Every single last control layout. Still no results.
Old 2012-02-09, 18:54   #9
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeabbott96 View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Every single last control layout. Still no results.
Sorry to hear that... it fixes the vast majority of peoples' joystick issues. Do you have any other games that can utilize a joystick to test on? Maybe find a flight-game demo or a free-to-play game if you have no other air-based titles. First thing to do is establish is if it's a BF2&PR issue or if it's a hardware/driver issue.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:54   #10
jakeabbott96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Sorry to hear that... it fixes the vast majority of peoples' joystick issues. Do you have any other games that can utilize a joystick to test on? Maybe find a flight-game demo or a free-to-play game if you have no other air-based titles. First thing to do is establish is if it's a BF2&PR issue or if it's a hardware/driver issue.
I'll check and post results soon.

I have calibrated it, though, and the joystick's movements are recognised. As are all the buttons.

Tags
joystick, line