project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-07-04, 10:12   #1
Prevtzer
Banned
Default Recoil on 20, 25 and 30mm autocannons

Since this recoil was introduced in the last update it's very awkward to shoot at anything more than 200m away, especially if the target is small and or moving. Unless you kill with your first shot chances are the target will escape because shaking of the cannon and recoil makes it very hard to engage with precision. This really should be brought back to the way it was. We can't shoot on the move as it is, at least let as shoot with precision when stationary.

Thanks!
Prevtzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 22:31   #2
Prevtzer
Banned
Default Re: Recoil on 20, 25 and 30mm autocannons

Nobody gunning an APC? It's unbearable for me, give some feedback.
Prevtzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 07:24   #3
DieVoorJe91

As I haven't played the beta yet, I can't really tell. But my expierence as real world gunner, I say that recoil that you can see in your optic is unreal. Your optic moves indepently from your cannon. Also, your cannon is mounted firmly in a craddle. So if there is any recoil its very unlikely that it effects the shooting in any way. Especially if the gun is stabelized.
DieVoorJe91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:16   #4
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieVoorJe91 View Post
As I haven't played the beta yet, I can't really tell. But my expierence as real world gunner, I say that recoil that you can see in your optic is unreal. Your optic moves indepently from your cannon. Also, your cannon is mounted firmly in a craddle. So if there is any recoil its very unlikely that it effects the shooting in any way. Especially if the gun is stabelized.
If what DieVoor said is true, I'd guess the DEVs made the camera recoil just for the funny feel of it. I agree with Prevtzer, makes gunning any vehicle a pain in the ass unless it's a <200m range. The recoil/guncam rocking feel should be removed. Unlike in the previous patch I now want to use coax for longer ranges, even with the bullet drop it's a better choice than the main gun. Which I assume is also not true IRL.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 2013-07-05 at 08:21..
Old 2013-07-06, 06:58   #5
yellodeath

yeah i'm pretty sure real apc's don't have this, or if they do, the camera/turret is stabilized, it's almost impossible to hit a far away target with the WZ551 on black gold now, due to the screen bouncing up and down every single shot
yellodeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:45   #6
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Almost no feedback on this issue, huh?
I agree with the others here. The recoil on autocannons just feels weird, and I always thought that they were pretty accurate IRL ...
Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 10:37   #7
Kerryburgerking

I think the added recoil on the tunguska is absolutely perfect. Makes people be more careful when they use it.
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 11:28   #8
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieVoorJe91 View Post
What he said.
I am a gunner on the 20mm cannon and there is no noticeable recoil on RL APCs (at least not on the German Marder)

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
MADsqirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 12:22   #9
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

cheers, gonna inform our responsible dev

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 16:49   #10
K_Rivers