project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Old 2018-02-06, 16:54   #1
lakinen
Default 9M14 Malyutka-AT-3 Sagger

I think i good assets to put in Vietnam and ins map.To be like deployable assets.Now i working on this model for the second orderer, but it can be used here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M14_Malyutka

https://www.armyrecognition.com/russ...mation_uk.html

What do you think about that?
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 17:27   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: 9M14 Malyutka-AT-3 Sagger

Was it wildly used during the Vietnam war? wiki only mentions two battles where it was used, dunno if it was used any more than that? First engagement says 1972 which was also pretty late during the war?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 18:22   #3
lakinen

I'm just collecting documents and pictures for the Battle of An Loc 1972 for the map.It's used in that battle.Tanks and aviation were used in this battle.I think that such a battle should be held on the PR(4km) map.This way please everyone who may have aerial images of that 1972 branch to contact me or send a link to the pictures.
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 18:35   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Are you actually looking into making that map? Would be pretty awesome, we need more Vietnam maps especially some with air power in it!
Can't say I know anything about that battle but worth you posting your concept in the Community Modding forums before you start work on it so we can give you some advice on layout etc
BTW it wouldn't necessarily need to be a 4km map to have air power on it. We are exploring a new concept of having airbases out in the surrounding terrain (outside the minimap area), a bit like how I've done the airbases on the Falklands but have yet to really apply it to any map yet, but basically allows for the higher terrain detail etc of a 2km map, while still having lots of area for jets to fly to and from the main battle etc

BTW IDF:FFI do have an AT-3 Sagger which we have permission to use. Been meaning to export it to PR for some time but haven't got round to it quite yet, but is on my list

Old 2018-02-06, 22:17   #5
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
BTW it wouldn't necessarily need to be a 4km map to have air power on it. We are exploring a new concept of having airbases out in the surrounding terrain (outside the minimap area), a bit like how I've done the airbases on the Falklands but have yet to really apply it to any map yet, but basically allows for the higher terrain detail etc of a 2km map, while still having lots of area for jets to fly to and from the main battle etc
That was something I wanted to suggest for some time. Instead of making mapes bigger,placement of airbases outside of minimap area whould give more space for ground and air combat on both 2 and 4km maps.

Quote:
BTW IDF:FFI do have an AT-3 Sagger which we have permission to use. Been meaning to export it to PR for some time but haven't got round to it quite yet, but is on my list
It would be nice to have AT-3 in Militia. It whould be great boost for them.

Also,does PR have right to use anything from IDF:FFI? It would be nice to see those great T-55 and M-48 models in game. Also,there F-4E whould be great addition for future Vietnam maps
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 23:34   #6
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa2000SM View Post
That was something I wanted to suggest for some time. Instead of making mapes bigger,placement of airbases outside of minimap area whould give more space for ground and air combat on both 2 and 4km maps.
Well the theory has been around for a long time but no one has managed to do it properly (other than Falklands) but we have a pretty sound theory and new DoD code for doing it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa2000SM View Post
Also,does PR have right to use anything from IDF:FFI? It would be nice to see those great T-55 and M-48 models in game. Also,there F-4E whould be great addition for future Vietnam maps
IDF:FFI are very open to trade/sharing, as we are with them, but the T-55 and M-48 are from USI which we have permission to use, the issue with the T-55 is it has/had no LODs and M48 is already in PR, although only as a M67 on Hill 488 on one layer right now. F-4 we also have (or at least can most likely easily get but pretty sure we already do) permission to use but no maps for it.

Old 2018-02-06, 23:38   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Well the theory has been around for a long time but no one has managed to do it properly (other than Falklands) but we have a pretty sound theory and new DoD code for doing it now
feel like sharing for masirah?
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 01:25   #8
Valmont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elPsG09u0U
Valmont is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 02:07   #9
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
feel like sharing for masirah?
Well Masirah you using Argentina from the Falklands is the best way since you've got water to separate it and the main island (other than making brand new 3D mesh), unless your talking about the new DoD code which will be coming in soon(tm)

Old 2018-03-26, 11:23   #10
Deloni

[deleted]
Last edited by Deloni; 2018-03-31 at 09:41..

Tags
9m14, malyutkaat3, sagger