project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-25, 08:28   #1
Major_Eric
Lightbulb We want Kashan-Training back!

This was already discussed a lot but in the wrong sub-forum.

The original Thread.

Quote:
I would like to see the training mode re-introduced again for several reasons:

- Coop and Singleplayer mode are both nice for training how to fight as an infantry-men and how to use most ground assets. Nothing more. You want to train flying? The coop air-vehicles move different compared to the "normal" ones. You cant fly all airplanes. AND it´s hard to train if there is an enemy plane/chopper in the air. OK, its just a bot but its still annoying. Instead you have to create a local server. You want to fly a plane on a local server? On which map they instantly spawn? And what when you crash one? Yes you can change the respawn times of vehicles. How many players know this? And is it worth doing it? Instead you can just join a server and train on a normal one.

- Training mode is nice, even for experienced players. I and many others played a few rounds of training mode for warming up or when you wait for more activity on the normal servers.

- Where should a new player train flying? I often saw "Beginners"-squads in training mode. But where are they now? They fly on normal servers! Who dont likes to see a A-10 crashing on the runway?

- When i played the training mode i often saw ppl joining the server and asking:
Quote:
- What is the shovel for/how do i use it.
- How can i build a FoB?
- Do i have toi unlock weapons like in normal BF2 Vanilla? (This realy happened!)
- Where can i get a crewmen/pilot kit?
- Why did they remove training mode? I liked it so much. Please re-introduce it again!
- You only have 15 mins of time. What to do? Start a round and try to get into the fight what atleast needs 10 min? I prefeer(ed) joining a training server and waste some vehicles.

- Changed any settings and want to test them? It was so easy to check them before.
Search the "Training" button & double-click a server.

- Dont want to play the 3rd round of Muttrah in the last 3h as an infantry-men because you cant flight that well and dont want to/cant/arent allowed to drive an apc? Join a training server and waste some vehicles, even as an newbish pilot/crewmen. Nobody cares.

I had a lot of fun playing the training mode, sometimes you have a nice squad and its way easyier to train flying due to the low spawntimes. Sometimes your team is just bombing your vehicle spawn with JDAMs, destroying the choppers or stealing your loved HUEY. Then your free to leave the server and join any other.

I liked Kashan-Training the way it was.

MaJo
Old 2010-07-25, 10:01   #2
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Default Re: We want Kashan-Training back!

I loved it to fly Blackhawk or Huey on Kashan Train and help people to set up a Fob or Simply Flying Crates in the Hills so that the guys there can fight the MEC. But now nobody need crates on Co-Op Servers, on most Maps that running there are no Helicopters and when they fly not like in the real Game. I loved that flying on Train Servers when i had not the time to start a real round of PR. Baserapers and Teamkiller are on Co-Op Servers too, its not a problem of the Game Mode, its a Problem of Mechanics ingame (like kill people with vehicle and sit on passenger seat). I liked the Kashan train...
Old 2010-07-25, 10:33   #3
Moonlight

I miss Kashan training. It's the place I learned to fly, got familiar with many vehicles and tested out how some kits work. Furthermore, there was ALWAYS someone kind enough to explain how things work, step by step; from requesting a kit to barrel-rolling your Huey.
I didn't really care for all those baserapers and teambombers, if there was too many of such idiots I could alway switch the server.
So, yup, I wish training was back.
Old 2010-07-25, 11:30   #4
dtacs
Supporting Member

This has been asked, many MANY times and still with no official reply, the general consensus is to bring back the original training mode.

[R-DEV]Ballard clearly stated that the COOP mode was mis-advertised as the new training mode. In no way does it reflect the training mode.

The DEV's have seen the community cries for adding it back in, and we can only hope they will see the light and act as such.
Old 2010-07-25, 18:11   #5
Major_Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
This has been asked, many MANY times and still with no official reply, the general consensus is to bring back the original training mode.

This is why i created this thread. As far as i see there is no thread which askes directly for re-introducing the training-mode. I hope we get a positive reply from the DEVs or atleast more information if the mode could be added in the future again.
Old 2010-07-25, 18:29   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

If one hasn't been given, don't expect one.

Never expect an official reply when making a suggestion.
Old 2010-07-25, 18:50   #7
Major_Eric

I dont suggest to add training mode, i demand them to do it. And i think we will hear an official statement when this threads stays at the first page of this sub-forum!
Old 2010-07-25, 18:54   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Major Eric, this is the DEV's house, we are only visitors; treat them respect or ask for a refund so watch your tone, demmanding things is a fast way to get on the bad side of the DEVs.

for my part, I never want to see training mode again, COOP doesn't quite give is the training we want atm for vehicles, but I think it can me modified to be what we need.

Old 2010-07-25, 22:56   #9
Startrekern

Co-op is much better for training because there's actually something to fight. A sub-mode within co-op, or a training version/layer of co-op maps, would be best.
Old 2010-07-25, 23:39   #10
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The DEV's have seen the community cries for adding it back in, and we can only hope they will see the light and act as such.
It didn't reflect how PR should be played in any way, shape, or form. It's only redeeming factor was flight training, which can be accomplished via a local server.

I never want to see it again.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, kashantraining