project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-24, 23:09   #1
Kevin-D-Lee
Default 128 Players - Amazing Lack of Teamwork / Enforcement - Ideas to fix the problem

Okay so I LOVE the new 128-player server, it is the single reason I play PR still and 64-player servers just bore me now... However in saying that I find so many people NOT in MUMBLE or even listening to their SL let alone SL listening to the Commander. We need to as a community come up with ways in which to ensure that everyone is using mumble and playing properly.

Personally I suggest a forum thread contract that is a list of agreements that a player must accept and agree to before his name is then cleared to play on the server.

Those rules are obvious

1. MUMBLE use is NOT an option, you must be on MUMBLE while playing.

2. Spamming MUMBLE at any time will get you banned (Admin decides)

3. MUST listen to SL / Commander if your team has one

4. Helicopter Transport squad MUST be merged with another small asset squad

5. TEAMWORK is NOT a suggestion. It's the LAW

6. Breaching this contract in any manner just once will be a ban from the server

So the idea is someone wanting to play on the server has to physically come on the forums and read this thread contract. If they agree to the terms they sign the thread with their player-name and that name becomes cleared to play on the server. If someone joins the server who isn't cleared they are removed and directed to the contract.

This would prevent a lot of the dumbass activity I've been seeing on the server... what do you guys think?

Any better ideas? All I want are good games of PR all the time with people that want to play as a team and play the game properly on top of that.
Old 2011-04-24, 23:21   #2
gaurd502
Default Re: 128 Players - Amazing Lack of Teamwork / Enforcement - Ideas to fix the problem

Well from what I understand the main point of having the server now is running tests on how well they can get it to run and what it would take to do that.I mean I thought the point of going on there was for stress testing, and I would only have these rules once testing is done.
Old 2011-04-24, 23:28   #3
Kevin-D-Lee
Default Re: 128 Players - Amazing Lack of Teamwork / Enforcement - Ideas to fix the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurd502 View Post
Well from what I understand the main point of having the server now is running tests on how well they can get it to run and what it would take to do that.I mean I thought the point of going on there was for stress testing, and I would only have these rules once testing is done.
Why should the rules of playing PR properly on a MUMBLE server be loosened when testing? Making people lazy now will only mean it carries over to non-test servers that take up 128-players.

I fully admit I'm a hard-ass about such things.
Old 2011-04-24, 23:46   #4
SGT.MARCO

Can someone educate me as to why we cannot increase the amount of squads to like 12 or 13, so i can actually lead small teams if i want to?
Old 2011-04-24, 23:47   #5
gaurd502

Well banning people for not playing right wont help stress testing, I mean, I can go on there and just sit, wait for it to crash, and then rejoin. The point of it is the see how we can get it running, not for amazing tactics and teamwork. I amen once they get the bungs out I would support the rules %100 percent, but right not its kinda missing the point.

Its a stress testing server, you shouldn't have to be on there to play properly, at least we weren't when I went on there it was just to see how many could get packed in. Unless they changed to point of getting on to seeing how well people can play together on there banning people who could potentially help test just don't make sense to me. But I haven't been on there for the last few fays so it might have changed.
Old 2011-04-24, 23:54   #6
Robskie

Have the DEV's backed this server??
Old 2011-04-24, 23:57   #7
Kevin-D-Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robskie View Post
I'm not sure, they should be since in the 128-player server there is actually enough people for assets AND infantry
Old 2011-04-25, 00:01   #8
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robskie View Post
Yes.

Please keep discussion of the 128 server to the thread linked below, any feedback should be taken to their forums or posted in the second thread below:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...ervations.html

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29...su-europe.html

Locked.
Closed Thread

Tags
128, amazing, enforcement, fix, ideas, lack, players, problem, teamwork