project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-03-08, 18:58   #1
KingKong.CCCP

Default How to lower the spam

Hi all!

I'm new to this beautiful mod, I am enjoying it very much. Great community and amazing job from DEVs!

Said that, I have few questions:
1. how to mute that annoying voice that says "we're loosing a flag", or "attack this position"?
2. how can I mute the radio? Seems like there are a lot of players spamming it with, I would like to focus more on what goes on around me (local speech only)... noob question, I know... but hey...
3. are there any servers with more than 100 players? Are there any plans to include more players in the new patch?

Well that's it from me, see you on the battlefield!
KingKong.CCCP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 20:19   #2
_MB_
Default Re: How to lower the spam

Hi,

welcome to PR! There are probably more knowledgable people, but

1) I never thought that would be a problem (apart from maybe start of the round as russians, where everyone spams "HURAA" and "pashli pashli" ), so I am not sure but have you tried either the ingame sound settings? Other than that you can just tune PR volume down (either via the desktop toolbar or via the utility found somewhere on this forum), but it will of course tune down all sounds, which might not be that useful.

2) You can mute specific people in the mumble interface (go to desktop when on a server, right botttom corner and find the PR mumble icon), but it is quite laborious to mute multiple people.

3) There are quite a few people who would want that, but the devs statet clearly that this wont happen, 100 is (and most probably will be for forseeable future) the maximum. You can google or use search on this forum if you want more info.

Just realized: New to this mod - join date 2006?
_MB_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 01:08   #3
Murphy

I'm unsure what you mean by new? Check the post history, this guy really really dislikes the commander voice over and has issues with mumble spam (don't we all).

This thread is confusing.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 01:35   #4
Filamu
Supporting Member

What are you on about KingKong? :P
Welcome back.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 09:59   #5
parch
Supporting Member

2) Here's a thing for you: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...olution-8.html
Look for a post made by Senshi on page 8. It's a script that allows you to change your game/mumble/Teamspeak volume level on the fly.

parch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 22:51   #6
KingKong.CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by parch View Post
2) Here's a thing for you: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...olution-8.html
Look for a post made by Senshi on page 8. It's a script that allows you to change your game/mumble/Teamspeak volume level on the fly.
Ok, but what we (I) need is the ability to mute radio, while being capable of hearing people around me. Like in real life.

Honestly I didn't get the script. If you have volume on your headset, and two buttons for mumble volume up, mumble volume down - what else do you need?
KingKong.CCCP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 07:35   #7
agus92
Supporting Member

So, if _I understand correctly, you want a key to mute squad voice but letting local untouched?
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lower, spam