project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-12-16, 13:33   #1
Shugarkane
Smile New player

Hello,

I am new on here, just donated to support the project.

I had always wanted to play battlefield 2 and I had been streaming videos of the game from retro youtube way back and especially of this mod. Now that I am grown and have a gaming PC it's really cool that I get to play this legendary game and mod. I have some triple-A games but they lack the feel, soul and complexity of the older games it's just a toxic K/D & rank competition, some cheaters appearing to act "natural" by toggling hacks and looking away from walls when they could see through them. I am hoping that it doesn't happen here.

Anyway, I hope to make some friends here.

Thank you & happy gaming.
Shugarkane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 19:32   #2
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: New player

Hello and welcome! No game is immune to cheaters/hackers, but PR Server Admins of various communities here cross-communicate as best as we can to make sure these players are swiftly banned everywhere once discovered. It's not a prevalent issue and most of the time, matches play out as designed, with the main gripe being merely what map to play next.

Check out this post here for new players to get up to speed quickly:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=134819

If you want to get familiar with the game mechanics fast, you might check out PR COOP (PvE) game mode before Deployment (PvP) - otherwise, dive right into Deployment by joining an infantry squad, letting them know you are new, and sticking with your Squad Leader.

Best wishes and good luck!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-17, 13:15   #3
Risiko94

Welcome to PR.

In addition to what Semler said, please read the PR MANUAL.
Before joining a server, glance over their rules, especially about teamkilling and using vehicles.
Currently, the most played english speaking server are Veterans-Gaming for COOP (PvE) and HOG for DEPLOYMENT (PvP).

From personal experience, we barely had any problems with hackers this year.
Good luck soldier.
Risiko94 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-18, 21:40   #4
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Welcome! Look for me weeknights late on HOG server and join my infantry squad.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote