project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-28, 16:32   #1
Vicious302
Banned
Default When was the last time your game was disrupted by a hacker or smacktard?

Out of curiosity... I've been playing since BF42, I was about 17, now I'm about to be 28, and I can say I've never really had my game disrupted by a hacker or smacktard. Of course there has been the occasional wall clipper that stands inside something and shoot but anyone can do that. Of course their are aim bots but again I've never really been affected, or at least to the point where I noticed or didn't want to play on that server anymore. So I'm just curious to know how many of you had have close encounters with these scum of the FPS world because right now they are the cause of some major grief in my life despite not directly affecting any game I've ever played in over 10 years, imagine that.
Old 2014-07-28, 16:53   #2
SyriousT

Default Re: When was the last time your game was disrupted by a hacker or smacktard?

thank god there are no hackers in pr , one of the best pros of this game .
in vbf2 there was a lot of them .
Old 2014-07-28, 16:55   #3
Vicious302
Banned
Default Re: When was the last time your game was disrupted by a hacker or smacktard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyriousT View Post
thank god there are no hackers in pr , one of the best pros of this game .
in vbf2 there was a lot of them .
and could you share a little bit of your experience...how long have you been playing PR and never encountered a hacker?
Old 2014-07-28, 17:08   #4
Murphy

There are more cheaters than you believe. CIA had an admin that used to pride himself on catching aim-botters, and he caught a fair few and posted vids online.

I have had a couple rounds in which a hacker made it apparent he was able to see through smoke, and bushes for another guy.

We were on Muttrah (pretty good odds that) making our way from the crooked Ts on the West City flag towards the coastal road in order to use the alley to flank the enemies at mosque. First guy got ripped apart by an MG, we popped loads of smoke (at least 4 smoke nades) and started to cross....only to get torn up by the same MG who we now know is hiding in the Ts further south down the road. This time the medics, and SL threw every smoke we had making sure to stagger the tosses and to time them so the smoke bank doesn't lift all at once. Needless to say every single one of us who broke cover got shot in the face the moment we left the safety of cover to push through the smoke. Now it's not uncommon for someone to get butthurt and call hax, most ppl in OD-S vent and talk a lot of shit when we get owned, but this time it was the entire squad calling hax. We reported it to the server admins who didn't seem to care but luckily enough for us BR was working and afterwards someone took the time to go ahead and check the dude out. Well he was shooting us right through the smoke and was tracking us behind cover waiting for his moment to allow the aimbot to do it's work. Now this round wasn't soured by the single incident, no this guy was rocking everyone who tried to push up and there were random pubbies complaining as well. Thankfully this player was named/shamed and banned accordingly, I just fear since the loss of gamespy these assholes could find there way back into the community while we just assume they are good players who can aim.

There have been a few other incidents, one including a guy coaxing waves of reinforcements through 2 rows of bushes and another involving a guy dropping people with an AK on semi with consecutive shots at like 300 meters (I thought he was just good but they later found out he was hacking).
Old 2014-07-28, 17:43   #5
StevePl4y5

I haven't seen a hacker since I stopped playing Call Of Duty (and other COD wannabe F2P games).
Old 2014-07-28, 17:55   #6
CR8Z
Supporting Member

By and large, I would say that hackers are few and far between in this game. Much less than more popular titles like BF4. It's a numbers game.

Now, as far as trolls and griefers, like people DDOS'ing servers, seen a ton of those.
Old 2014-07-28, 19:03   #7
matty1053

There was a guy that used to hog all the assets and used Wallhacks. I know his name, but i am not disclosing it. He used to get over 100+ kills in a game.

There are more cheaters in PR then you think though.
But mainly, it's people that exploit glitches and stuff. You don't find hackers that do teleport or any crap like you see in DayZ game. But, I THINK... I saw a hacker a few days ago. Unless it was just me.

But like CR8Z said.... All you usually see are trollers and griefers. And of course those idiots who DDOS the servers.
Old 2014-07-28, 19:06   #8
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Let's not give them any publicity. If you haven't noticed any: Good. If you have: Please immediately report them to the server admins.

PR has a luckily relatively low number of cheaters, but of course they are there. Sometimes more obvious, sometimes less.

Griefers have also always been around.

But since they usually want to be talked about, I'll close this thread.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!

Tags
disrupted, game, hacker, smacktard, time