project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-02-12, 18:10   #1
Bastiannn
Default Dongfeng jeep physics

The new chinese jeep Dongfeng Mengshi CSK131 flips way too easily (on the side mostly). On Black Gold for example every slight bump in terrain has the possibility to flip you if you don't go at the pace of a snail, this is especially notable in comparison to other jeeps who don't have this problem.
Last edited by Bastiannn; 2021-02-12 at 18:16..
Old 2021-02-13, 20:19   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Dongfeng jeep physics

I'll look into it, wheeled vehicles physics long time needs attention

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 00:13   #3
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
I'll look into it, wheeled vehicles physics long time needs attention

jet/heli fisiks did not ended very well. plis dont.

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 17:37   #4
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

instructions unclear, reverted all wheels into tracks

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 14:46   #5
UncleSmek

All wheeled vehicles are strange. On the Landies you drift on ice on desert maps. Dongfeng chopng flips so easy you are literally rolling like a dice hoping for the correct side up.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 20:34   #6
Bastiannn

Still like this.
Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-04, 04:57   #7
[R-DEV]​Arab
Supporting Member

Will work on it and the drifting issue for landrover/jeeps on sand.

Edit: Drifting issue is fixed.

Last edited by Arab; 2023-10-24 at 16:42..
Old 2023-09-25, 14:32   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Its not just the Dongfeng jeep, which rolls too easily as if it is light with all its weight on the roof. You have the USA Vietnam tracked logistics vehicle. The Syrian rebel blue transport truck may or may not be fixed still.

Bringing up another thing, which is entirely different. If I remember correctly, the DEVs say it is too difficult to let players ride on top of vehicles.

What makes it somewhat incapable is high speeds, then the glitching collision of the bodies being rubber banded around making us fall off or get run over by the vehicle whether we are on the ground or the roof.

But I have ridden many vehicles at full speed for prolonged periods showing it needs a few tweaks in the physics. Working on anti-flip physics on vehicles will improve riding, so this is a good place to start. I have many video examples, Ill show you one, ask for more and Ill edit them in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezwo16lXxk

To stay on fast moving vehicles with larger rear platforms you need to crouch and move in the direction opposite you are falling off.

I have been looking into the aspects of this, ALL vehicles are capable of being ridden into combat if you go slow, then standing or crouching has different effects on stability. Some aspects, outside the glitching movements of my body, I find realistic. When I crouch moving forward, left or right is like shifting my weight so I don't get thrown around and fall off.

Sometimes you need a method to stay on it while it glitches your body around but still remains on the platform of the vehicle. I crouch and move forward knowing I am going to slide backwards and some other un-explainable things I cannot put into words.

Some vehicles have different capabilities when it comes to stability and not killing you by somehow running you over on the roof.

Some should and should not be improved in some aspects like the HUMVEE which going full speed crouched on the back for prolonged periods is unrealistic unless you wish to allow but not visibly represent holding onto the edge of turret or metal bar of the HUMVEE. In certain situations to get extra guys out of hot spots, I would have them jump on the back of the HUMVEE behind the turret.

Vehicles we should be able to ride in back on

-All tanks(sometimes fall off, say if big machine gun guy has little spot)

-All APCs(sometimes fall off)

-All transport truck beds

-Some pickup truck beds (huge bumps throw us out)

-All halftracks

-US Vietnam tracked logi
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-09-25 at 14:38..
Old 2023-10-24, 16:48   #9
[R-DEV]​Arab
Supporting Member

Dongfeng Mengshi flipping over easily bug is fixed for v1.7.5

Arab is offline Reply With Quote