project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-04-08, 14:51   #1
Flight_Lt_Preston
Default Maps With Jets

Hey,

Well Ive been playing project reality for a few weeks now its amazing ! I bought a flight stick today as I am obsessed with jets, I wanna fly in project reality but I dont see jets on alot of the maps? That I join and I dont know which one to join for planes, I hope you guys can recommend me some maps

I would prefer if it was British planes so any map recommends would be good but any american or whatever would also be appreciated.

~Aidan
Flight_Lt_Preston is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 14:53   #2
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: Maps With Jets

okay?? Soooo what are we discussing?

if your wondering what maps to play on . . . perhaps you should stay on Co op since it doesnt seem like youve been playing very long . . and with the joystick make sure you Set up the control bottons in the Setting menu. becaauuussseee it wont work unless you do.

go play on Co op Kashan and crash a couple times before you even attempt to play on an online server
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:06   #3
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Well you have Qinling, Kashan, Silent Eagle and that's it, unless I'm forgetting some other.

And yes, you should train in CO-OP first. The community takes it personal if you misuse the most valuable assets.
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:08   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm afraid the only map with British Jets atm is Qinling, jets feature on Silent eagle (Germans use a tornado, so maybe you'll like that) and kashan. They were considered for Burning Sands but it didn't really work.

but as red says, play kashan COOP first to learn the jets.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:12   #5
saXoni
Supporting Member

I don't think you forgot any, Arcturus.
And as he said; don't fly any aircraft on a public server without practicing on a local server first.
Take a look at this: YouTube - Project Reality 0.9 Fixed-Wing Aircraft Takeoff & Landing Guide
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:14   #6
Elektro

Qinling is a map with both Chinese and British forces containing jets on both factions: British: 1x Eurofighter Typhoon & 1x Panavia Tornado. - China: 1x Chengdu J-10 & 1x Sukhoi Su-30 C Flanker.

There are two other maps that contain jets for both factions atm :

Kashan Desert & Silent Eagle.

Just like the other people have posted, practise on a local server or a co-op server before you go on a deployment server.

Crashing a jet on a game with 64 people that all depend on air superiority because it was your first time flying won't exactly make you popular

If your new to flying in PR that is, I also recommend these videos, especially if you use a joystick:

YouTube - Project Reality 0.9 Fixed-Wing Aircraft Takeoff & Landing Guide
YouTube - Project Reality 0.9 Taming the Eagle (takeoff & landing at the abandoned airfield)

Good luck!
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:24   #7
saXoni
Supporting Member

Elektro, I don't think that last link is necessary, as the runway on the abandoned airfield has been fixed, or, they cut the hedges.

Also, Preston, the jets the Germans use on Silent Eagle are the same jets as the British use on Quinling (Eurofighter and Tornado). So unless you have to hear the British accent of your team, I guess it's pretty much the same.
Old 2011-04-08, 15:40   #8
Elektro

Quote:
I don't think that last link is necessary, as the runway on the abandoned airfield has been fixed, or, they cut the hedges.
Not only has the runway been fixed but not even the planes are the same anymore.

The reason I gave the last link as well was to give some ideas on how to approach the runway. After watching the Qinling video, you should be able to combine both the approach speed and the approach angle from both videos
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:50   #9
saXoni
Supporting Member

Well, the Eurofighter isn't the problem. The Tornado is. You can't see the torque/throttle, which means you have to go by speed, which is supposed to be 780(?). The thing is that the plane goes faster the higher altitude you are.

Landing the Tornado makes me sick...
Old 2011-04-08, 17:09   #10
Flight_Lt_Preston

Thanks Guys For All The Info, All appreciated

~Aidan
Flight_Lt_Preston is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
jets, maps