project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-10-06, 14:22   #1
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Default Oneshot Garand

Make garand and gewehr not oneshot for better WWII gameplay.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-06, 14:29   #2
Raidonrai
Banned
Default Re: Oneshot Garand

yes please
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-06, 14:29   #3
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

+1

semi-auto should do ~90 damage to body center
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 00:06   #4
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

+1

sounds good, though will get some team feedback on it before changing.

Last edited by Arab; 2020-10-07 at 03:27..
Old 2020-10-07, 10:03   #5
UncleSmek

Even though its a bitch to get one shot it kind of makes sense. If you take a mauser shot anywhere near your torso you'd drop to the ground. Also 1v1 duels in the hedgerows become strange if you have to shoot several times to kill someone. The mosin and how it works is a perfect example of this. There are great discrepancies when it comes to the damage different bolt actions do. If you are to change anything one way or the other atleast have some form of consistency. Right now, I'd rather have a gun issued to the militia hat than this useless mosin.

Edit: Semi-autos are one thing though, maybe they could need a damage decrease, but if you decrease the damage of the garand please increase the one of the M1 carbine which feels oh so weak right now.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 10:28   #6
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

The Carbine has noticeably less recoil and nearly twice the capacity compared to it. It requires 2 or 3 shots to kill if I'm not mistaken, maybe 4 if all shots hit the per limbs?, so ist's not that weak, it is just underwhelming if everything else but a few weapons has oneshot-capabiliy.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 10:41   #7
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Imagine being a german officer and choosing between Gewehr 41 and MP40. Now imagine actually selecting the MP40 over the Gewehr because you expect to be fighting in very close quarters.

This is the kind of balance I want. Currently the Gewehr is 100% always the best choice in any engagement over the MP40 because you oneshot everything.

Also I suspect the bushcamp meta would be decreased slightly if people aren't getting oneshot left and right.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 16:43   #8
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Imagine being a german officer and choosing between Gewehr 41 and MP40. Now imagine actually selecting the MP40 over the Gewehr because you expect to be fighting in very close quarters.

This is the kind of balance I want. Currently the Gewehr is 100% always the best choice in any engagement over the MP40 because you oneshot everything.

Also I suspect the bushcamp meta would be decreased slightly if people aren't getting oneshot left and right.
But then you'd want to buff the mp40 somehow because now,whether or not the rate of fire is realistic, it feels inferior to the one-shot gewehr. Maybe a dev with the insight to whether or not that is true.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 16:58   #9
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

MP40 is in a fine spot to be perfectly honest. It may seem lacking in damage due to - again - most primary weapons having that nasty oneshot capability, but it's a very controllable firearm with its low fire rate and around the lowest recoil in the game. It feels really easy to use which is a definate plus, most other firearms in WW2 are plagued by either low capacity, or take ages to steady, or have much more recoil, or aren't fully automatic, or a combination of the aforementioned. It's not the best firearm - that would be the StG - but it is very much capable nevertheless.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 21:44   #10
hairyballs

Bolt actions - 1 shot
Semi auto - 2 shot
Carbine - 3 shot

simple as
hairyballs is offline Reply With Quote